Stewardship Program Coordinator – Chicago, Illinois
Organization: Forest Preserve District of Cook County
Job Title: Stewardship Program Coordinator
Location: Chicago, IL
Hours and Compensation: full time; $59,342.40
Application Deadline: Jan 14, 2013
Posted On: Jan 4, 2013
Under the supervision and direction of the Manager of Volunteer Resources, responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of an efficient and practical program for the coordination of Ecological Stewardship Volunteers, individuals and volunteer groups whose efforts support the District’s mission to restore land back to a healthy ecosystem.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in biology, botany, zoology, natural sciences, environmental sciences, ecology, environmental education or a substantially similar area; OR must possess a high school diploma or GED and six (6) or more years of full-time work experience in a nature related role.
- Must possess three (3) or more years of full-time work experience working with volunteers.
- Must possess three (3) or more years of full-time work experience in an organization related to natural science.
- Must possess a current valid driver’s license.
- Must possess (1) a pesticide applicator’s license or official documentation verifying that the exam has been taken and passed, (2) a certificate of completion of the National Wildlife Coordinating Group S130/S190 courses or the Chicago Wilderness Midwest Ecological Prescription Burn Crew Member Training; OR be willing to obtain the above certifications and licenses within six (6) months of employment and maintain them as a condition of continued employment.
How to Apply
Apply ONLINE ONLY at: