NYC Sustainability Program Director – New York, New York
Organization: New York League of Conservation Education Fund
Job Title: NYC Sustainability Program Director
Location: New York, New York
Hours and Compensation: full time; commensurate with experience, Health, dental, 401(k), FSA, transitchek
Application Deadline: Feb 1, 2013
Position Dates: n/a
Posted On: Jan 9, 2013
In recent years, leaders in the executive and legislative branches of city government have established New York City as a globally-recognized leader in sustainability. However, with term limits taking effect in this upcoming election, there is no guarantee that the new generation of elected city leaders will continue to prioritize sustainability in the future.
The New York League of Conservation Education Fund, a 501c3 charitable organization focused on voter education and civic engagement, is seeking a NYC Sustainability Program Director to develop and execute a program to ensure that sustainability remains a priority for candidates, elected officials and communities in all five boroughs. This person will also assist with identifying and securing corporate and foundation grants to support this programmatic work.
The responsibilities of the NYC Sustainability Program Director present an exciting opportunity for a leader who thrives in a culture that is entrepreneurial and collaborative, mission-driven and results-oriented.
The ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications:
- 2 – 3 years candidate or issues campaign experience;
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects and use evaluation tools to gauge program effectiveness;
- Strong communication skills, excellent writer, active listener and articulate speaker;
- Knowledge of and interest in New York City politics, environmental issues and non-partisan electoral politics;
- Experience engaging elected officials and organizing diverse communities.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org