Solutions Associate — Washington, D.C.
Organization: Climate Reality Project
Job Title: Solutions Associate
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours and Compensation: Salary TBD based upon skills and experience. Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, 401K, etc.
Application Deadline: January 22, 2013
Position Dates: start date Feb. 15, 2013
Posted On: Jan. 7, 2013
The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore, is fast-paced organization that uses cutting-edge advertising and communications strategies to demonstrate the urgency and solvability of the climate crisis.
The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore, is offering a full-time position on its Solutions Team. The Solutions Associate will play an integral role in a fast-paced organization that uses cutting-edge advertising and communications strategies to demonstrate the urgency and solvability of the climate crisis.
The Solutions Associate will track and evaluate developments in existing and emerging energy technologies, energy market trends, and other relevant climate and energy topics. The candidate will help review relevant reports and studies, attend conferences and hearings, assist in writing briefing documents, review social media and other communications materials, and perform miscellaneous research and administrative tasks as needed.
- Bachelors degree plus 1-2 years work experience in energy technology, engineering, or environmental science. Coursework/experience in economics strongly preferred.
- Excellent analytical research skills and a passion for accuracy.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and manage multiple ongoing projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility to accommodate long and sometimes irregular work hours.
How to Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter and 1-2 page writing sample to Shravya Reddy (email@example.com).