2013 Women in Conservation Fellow — Albany, NY
Organization: Audubon New York
Job Title: 2013 Women in Conservation Fellow
Location: Albany, NY
Hours and Compensation: Approximately 25-30 hours per week and Paid (not specified)
Application Deadline: Jan. 31, 2013
Position Dates: January 2013 – June 2013
Posted On: Jan. 7, 2013
Now in its second century, Audubon is dedicated to protecting birds and other wildlife and the habitat that supports them. Audubon’s mission is engaging people in bird conservation on a hemispheric scale through science, policy, education and on-the-ground conservation action. By mobilizing and aligning its network of Chapters, Centers, State and Important Bird Area programs in the four major migratory flyways in the Americas, the organization will bring the full power of Audubon to bear on protecting common and threatened bird species and the critical habitat they need to survive. And as part of BirdLife International, Audubon will join people in over 100 in-country organizations all working to protect a network of Important Bird Areas around the world, leveraging the impact of actions they take at a local level. What defines Audubon’s unique value is a powerful grassroots network of nearly 500 local chapters, 23 state offices, 43 Audubon Centers, Important Bird Area Programs in 46 states, and 700 staff across the country. Audubon is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Help Audubon build & further develop its exciting Woman in Conservation Program! We are now accepting applications for our Women in Conservation Fellowship position.
This paid fellowship/internship position will be based at Audubon’s national headquarters in their beautiful Platinum LEED Certified “green” offices in New York City. S/he will work directly with Audubon’s development staff on the Women in Conservation Program and the organization’s prestigious Rachel Carson Award. Additionally the s/he will be working with Award Council Founding Chair, Allison Rockefeller, in her midtown offices near Rockefeller Center.
As a result of this experience, the intern/fellow will have the opportunity to:
- Be introduced to the environmental non-profit world, National Audubon Society and the concept and developments of its Women in Conservation Program.
- Work alongside Audubon staff and other key players and individuals that are invested in the mission and success of the program.
- Tailor projects and duties in order to showcase your individual strengths, talents and interests.
- Contribute to projects in the areas of Non-Profit Project Management, Public Relations, Event Planning, Donor Relations, Press and Publications, Design Work, and Website Development.
- Assistance with the development, planning, and marketing of new initiatives in the Women in Conservation Program including Women in Conservation Volunteer Days, our Annual Spring Student Panel, and the launch of the Women in Conservation Newsletter.
- Develop content for the Women in Conservation website which serves as an educational and resource tool connecting women across the country with environmental and conservation efforts.
- Conduct media outreach by enhancing press releases, press kits and social networking presence.
- Providing event support for the Annual Awards Council Meeting, Awards Council Site Visits, Benefit Committee Cocktail Reception, and assist with planning for Women in Conservation’s 10th Anniversary Rachel Carson Awards Luncheon.
- Providing support in planning the Annual Awards Council Conservation Tour.
- Active participation in all Women in Conservation Meetings.
- Conduct sponsorship and other related research, gift processing, and other administrative duties.
We are looking for candidates with strong verbal, interpersonal, and organizational skills who can bring a positive and enthusiastic approach to all tasks. The ideal candidate would be able to tackle multiple projects and assignments simultaneously, be a self starter and must be comfortable working independently.
How to Apply
Please apply with resume and cover letter by clcking here.
If you have any questions, please contact Ashia Sheikh at email@example.com.