Grow Food Northampton (Northampton, Massachusetts)
Grow Food Northampton
Grow Foods Northampton’s mission is to promote food security by advancing sustainable agriculture in the Northampton, Massachusetts area.
Issue Areas – Action Issues
To increase local food access, we …
- Steward a sustainable community farm that provides food for the local community.
- Manage an organic community garden.
- Facilitate the preservation of farms and prime farmland in our area.
- Make affordable garden space and nutritious local food more available to disadvantaged populations.
- Provide new farmers with affordable farmland for lease.
- Encourage innovative farming and gardening methods among local food growers.
To foster education in sustainable, organic agriculture we …
- Provide hands-on learning opportunities in sustainable agriculture and facilitate the sharing of information, tools and resources.
- Establish educational partnerships with local schools, service agencies, and other agricultural organizations.
- Disseminate broadly up-to-date information & resources regarding local agriculture, and archive & share our “lessons learned”.
To support the creation of a local, vibrant sustainable agriculture economy, we…
- Assist in the creation and execution of a broadly supported “agricultural vision” for Northampton.
- Collaborate with agricultural and farm conservation organizations, and food-producers throughout the Connecticut River Valley of Western Massachusetts to identify and fill gaps in our current food system.
- Spotlight the benefits of small-scale, sustainable agriculture over industrial farming.
Student Name and Class Year: Jen Morrow, MS ’12
Relevant blog posts:
If you are interested in getting in touch with this student/alum, please contact Caroline Ramaley, firstname.lastname@example.org