Project Analyst — Portland, OR
Organization: The Climate Trust
Job Title: Project Analyst
Location: Portland, OR
Hours and Compensation: full time and a competitive salary with exceptional benefits
Application Deadline: open until filled
Posted On: Jan. 12, 2013
The Climate Trust’s mission is to provide expertise, financing, and inspiration to accelerate innovative climate solutions that endure.
This position, based in Portland, Oregon, is responsible for providing analytical expertise to support The Climate Trust’s project acquisition efforts primarily in the forestry sector, climate services initiatives, and management of our 20 plus greenhouse gas mitigation project portfolio. The position requires an individual with strong technical and analytical capabilities, interpersonal skills, and project evaluation expertise.
- Manage and maintain a detailed project portfolio registry that tracks the financial and credit delivery status of contracted emission reduction projects.
- Evaluate greenhouse gas emission reduction projects including eligibility assessment, quantification, protocol requirements, and project viability with a preference for individuals with demonstrated experience in forestry and agriculture sector projects.
- Assist in the development of deliverables such as carbon project protocols and client reports through analyzing and interpreting data, developing quantification formulas, and contributing draft and final written content into meaningful conclusions and recommendations.
- Work with project owners to gather the necessary information to measure, monitor, and verify a project’s emissions reduction performance.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with a broad range of stakeholders including technical experts, registry staff, verifiers, and project developers in multiple sectors.
- Assist with other duties as assigned such as proposal writing, organizational strategy input, presentation support, and other general tasks.
- A bachelor’s degree and 2 years of professional experience or a master’s degree. Preference will be given to candidates with carbon markets experience and a natural sciences or business educational background.
- Solid quantitative skills and demonstrated ability to utilize, build, and maintain detailed excel spreadsheets andor databases.
- Knowledge of carbon project methodology development, project evaluation, monitoring and verification, and emerging climate change policies.
- Experience working under pressure and adapting to changing priorities
- Strong writing and research skills with an ability to translate technical concepts into written deliverables that are accessible to non-technical audiences.
- Self motivated and organized leader that easily filters and recognizes opportunities and turns opportunities into value for the organization
- Teamwork orientation and positive outlook that encourages optimism for growth plans in a highly dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to act short-term and think long-term in a way that results in meeting immediate goals while planting seeds of success for meeting future longer term goals
- Passion for the mission of mitigating climate change
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com. This position is open until filled.
Please note: Due to the volume of submissions, The Climate Trust may be unable to respond personally to all applicants. We will notify you if you have been selected for an interview.