Energy and Mining Campaign Intern
Job Title: Energy and Mining Campaign Intern
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours and Compensation: 15 hours/week – unpaid
Application Deadline: open
Position Dates: 3 month commitment
Posted On: Jan. 18, 2013
Earthworks, a DC-based national nonprofit focusing on energy and mining issues, seeks motivated interns to join our team as soon as possible.
These unpaid positions will provide successful applicants with an opportunity to become deeply involved with many operational aspects of traditional environmental advocacy groups including outreach, policy, organizing, and logistics. We need interns who are interested in research, highly organized, meticulous attention to detail, passion, and humor. Interns can work from our office in DC. Perks include free T-shirts, invitations to community events, and experience interacting with the leading national and regional organizations on energy and environmental issues.
- Current student (preferably upperclassman), recent college graduate or graduate student (all majors welcome)
- Ability to commit at least 10-15 hours per week
- Strong research and writing skills and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to environmental protection
- Advanced computer skills, website design, event planning and fundraising experience are a plus
How to Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your weekly availability and desired start and end date. This is an unpaid internship. Earthworks requires a minimum commitment of 3 months and a longer commitment is desirable.