Project Analyst — Washington, D.C.
Organization: Environmental Defense Fund
Job Title: Project Analyst, Corporate Partnerships
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours and Compensation: full time and salary is competitive
Application Deadline: open until filled
Posted On: Jan. 29, 2013
EDF’s Corporate Partnerships Program has a 20 year history of working with leading companies – McDonald’s, Citigroup, FedEx, Walmart, and others – to demonstrate that good environmental strategy is synonymous with good business strategy. EDF works with business to create new environmental innovations and best practices that create both environmental and business benefits and to take them to scale across entire industries. Our goal is to create a “green” race to the top with all companies competing on both environmental and financial performance.
The Project Analyst will play a significant role in the development and execution of corporate partnership projects. Working directly with the Managing Director in Washington, DC and several Project Managers, the Project Analyst will conduct research and analysis to support the development and execution of partnership projects, as well as managing specific tasks and segments of projects independently. Specifically, the project Analyst will support the development and execution of projects to reduce methane emissions, strengthen regulations, and ensure the safe and clean development of domestic natural gas.
- Coordinate or perform environmental, business, and market research and analysis to support existing projects and evaluate new project ideas.
- Manage specific project tasks such as outreach to potential partners, developing work plans and timetables, identifying and procuring necessary resources, and managing project work and deliverables.
- Support the development and execution of initiatives to reduce methane emissions from the natural gas value chain, including building the business case for measuring and reducing methane leakage, engaging industry leaders to commit to methane reduction goals, and catalyzing the development of the cost effective technologies needed to measure and reduce methane emissions at scale.
- Conduct research and analysis necessary to engage the freight industry, including major suppliers and customers, to shape if and how natural gas is utilized by the industry to improve efficiency and reduce overall greenhouse gas impacts.
- Help evaluate opportunities and develop new projects that use the leverage of the investment sector to raide the profile of natural gas challenges and motivate companies to adopt best practices and support stronger regulation and enforcement.
- Communicate project results to EDF staff, corporate partners, businesses, the media and other stakeholders through reports, presentations, and other methods.
- Develop and apply appropriate means for measuring the success of corporate partnerships.
- A master’s degree in economics, business, environmental studies, political science, or public policy preferable; or a bachelor’s degree with equivalent work experience;
- Experience working on the business implications of environmental issues;
- A broad understanding of environmental issues including the basic statutory and regulatory structure in the U.S.;
- A working knowledge of the theory and practice of corporate environmental management;
- Experience with the oil and gas, agriculture, and/or investment industries is a plus;
- Strong research skills and experience performing rigorous analysis in support of highly visible work, lifecycle assessment experience a plus;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work with colleagues and partners of varied background and experience;
- Creative and innovative thinker willing to challenge the status quo and propose new ideas and opportunities;
- Proven ability to work both independently and as a member of small teams in a fast-paced, dynamic and creative environment;
- Experience managing a diverse workload;
- Exceptional personal organization and attention to detail;
- Proficiency in the use of standard business software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
How to Apply
apply online: http://www.edf.org/jobs