Program Associate, Energy and Climate — Washington, D.C.
Organization: United Nations Foundation
Job Title: Program Associate, Energy and Climate
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours and Compensation:
Salary commensurate with experience. Actual salary will depend on qualifications and anticipated contribution to the Foundation.
UNF pays 100% of medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance premiums for its employees and 75% of medical and vision for employees’ dependents.
In addition, UNF provides 20 days of paid vacation per year, 12 paid holidays, three personal days per year, an immediately vested 150% matching 403(b) contribution up to a limit of six-percent of employee pay, Metro Pass benefits, and flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care.
Application Deadline: open
Posted On: Jan. 24, 2013
The UN Foundation, a public charity, was created in 1998 with entrepreneur and philanthropist Ted Turner’s historic $1 billion gift to support UN causes and activities. We are an advocate for the UN and a platform for connecting people, ideas and resources to help the United Nations solve global problems.
The Program Associate for Energy contributes to the development and management of the Energy Future Coalition portfolio in collaboration with the Managing Director, Energy Future Coalition, the Vice President, Energy and Climate, and other UN Foundation staff.
- Coordinate state initiatives related to Energy Future Coalition (EFC) campaigns, including the development and implementation of campaign strategies.
- Act as EFC liaison to state and local groups and governmental offices, including conducting partnership outreach, event planning and strategy development for implementation of state campaigns.
- Conduct research on behalf of the EFC in areas relating to energy, climate, development and policy issues, especially with regard to energy efficiency and transmission.
- Collaborate on the development of public affairs strategy and produce written material for Coalition campaigns and Congressional outreach.
- Represent the Coalition and Foundation at outside meetings and professional gatherings.
- Coordinate events associated with program goals.
- Assist with the coordination of the work of consultants as needed.
- Develop content for, and maintain the integrity of all EFC web sites and electronic communications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in energy policy, political science, economics, or related field required.
- One to two years of work experience in energy policy required.
- Familiarity with the federal legislative and regulatory processes.
- Proven analytical and project management skills, including the ability to move projects forward from inception to implementation to completion.
- Strong communications skills (speaking, writing, editing, and listening), research accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and enjoy effective working relationships with internal staff and external partners.
- Grassroots mobilization and advocacy experience preferable, but not required.
- Website creation and editing experience preferable (HTML, WordPress, Drupal, Flash, Java, Dreamweaver, Fireworks).
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress; and
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at http://www.unfoundation.org/who-we-are/careers/prog-assoc-energyclimate.html
Important note – Our online system allows ONLY ONE document to be uploaded. Please save your resume and cover letter as ONE document BEFORE APPLYING.
All applicants must submit a cover letter – please save upload your resume and cover letter as one document – either .pdf or .doc.