Environmental Field Coordinator – OH, KY, TN, MS, LA, AR, TX
Organization: Natural Resource Group, LLC (NRG)
Job Title: Project Term Environmental Field Coordinator
Location: Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Texas
Hours: term assignment for 8-9 months, full-time
Posted On: January 30, 2013
For twenty years, Natural Resource Group has provided leading-edge environmental consulting, permitting, regulatory compliance, public affairs, GIS, and data management services on hundreds of energy projects throughout North American. Founded in 1992, we’ve quickly grown into an industry leader with nine offices across the United States.
Description: NRG is seeking up to six Environmental Field Coordinators to support field survey efforts for a linear project in Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, and Texas.
The Environmental Field Coordinators will coordinate, plan, and manage environmental survey teams to meet the project schedule and maintain good relationships with subcontractors. This is a project term assignment. The duration of the assignment is anticipated to be up to 8 or 9 months and involves working in both outdoor and field-office environments. Long hours may be required as survey crews plan to work six days a week, and could work up to seven days per week.
- Provide leadership, support, and direction to field staff, coordinate daily survey crew activities/schedules, and conduct morning safety meetings;
- Interact with and serve as point of contact for environmental survey crews, NRG’s Project Manager and Environmental Resource Leads;
- Review and implement survey work orders, providing direction, support, and critical judgment on field survey efforts;
- Conduct regular field visits to verify survey progress, compliance with access permissions and restrictions, and overall performance of survey tasks;
- Provide field survey crews with information on access permissions (including retractions) and reroutes;
- Provide guidance to field crews on survey access restrictions and specific survey areas;
- Identify potential conflicts and concerns ahead of field survey activities;
- Ensure environmental survey crews maintain the project schedule;
- Oversee preparation of daily status reports and prepare status and summary reports as required or requested;
- Document and maintain organized project information; and
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Required education and experience include the following:
- BS/BA degree in environmental field of study;
- 5 or more years of field survey and/or field coordinator experience; and
- Experience supervising staff in a field setting and/or managing sub-contractor efforts is desirable.
Required qualifications and skills include the following:
- Excellent organization skills
- Working knowledge of environmental survey protocols;
- Applied experience conducting field surveys and developing environmental survey plans for natural or archaeological resources for linear projects;
- Demonstrated leadership;
- Strong communication (oral and written), negotiation, and conflict resolution skills;
- Excellent problem solving skills and strong integrity;
- Proficient technology skills (i.e. computer, camera, etc.);
- Ability to work weekend and over 40 hours per week when needed; and
- Meet the criteria identified in the Job Demands and Conditions Analysis.
How to Apply: Submit cover letter and resume electronically at this link. Please upload and attach cover letter and resume as one document with your application.
Phone: (612) 347-6789