The Sweet Spot for Solar: Latest Trends in Solar and On-Site Renewable Energy – February 5 (Goshen, NY) and February 20 (New Paltz, NY)
Title: Sustainable Speaker Series – The Sweet Spot for Solar: Latest Trends in Solar and On-Site Renewable Energy
Location and Time:
February 12, 2013, 6-8 pm, Keller Williams, 2004 Route 17M, Goshen, NY
February 20, 2013, 6-8 pm, Gomen-Kudasai, 232 Main Street, New Paltz, NY
Learn about the options for making power at your home or business through a review of geothermal, wind, fuel cells, solar hot water and solar electricity. We will then learn the details of how solar electric systems work and why some make more economic sense than others – you get the tools to profit from solar energy!
- Acquire an understanding of the technologies and applicability of various on-site energy and power generation including renewables (wind, solar hot water & electric) as well as fuel cells and geothermal.
- Explore the combined heat and power concept and applicability at the residential and commercial scales – what is it and how can it work economically?
- Examine solar electric generation technology – what are the latest commercially available design approaches and why are they chosen? Includes description of “hybrid” solar designs integrating grid-tied solar and micro-grid controllers with battery bank and sometimes fossil generator integration.
- Determine residential and commercial project economics with an understanding of revenue contributors, including tax effects, ex. “sweet spot” projects.
Registration & Fees
- $10 for students with a valid ID
- $10 for USGBC Upstate Chapter Members
- $15 for non-members (general public)
At the Door:
- $15 for students with a valid ID
- $15 for USGBC Upstate Chapter Members
To register for February 12 conference, click here.
To register for February 20 conference, click here.
- $20 for non-members (general public)