Energy Analysis Internship – Golden, CO
Organization: National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
Position Title: Energy Analysis Internship
Location: Golden, CO
Hours & Compensation: 40 hours/week. Unpaid.
Posted On: February 10, 2013
NREL is the nation’s primary laboratory for research, development and deployment of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies.
There are two positions available for an advanced undergraduate/graduate student internship position is available from the National Renewable Energy Laboratory’s (NREL) Strategic Energy Analysis Center’s Energy Forecasting and Modeling group in our Golden, Colorado office.
The immediate opening is to assist energy analysts in ongoing data processing analysis tasks. The position is full-time (40 hours per week) during the summer and potentially part-time (15-30 hours per week) during the fall and spring semesters or as class schedule allows. Duties may include collection and analysis of wind, solar, and other generation technology data including their interaction with electricity markets. Duties may also include running electric system models designed to evaluate the physical and economic implications of renewable electricity integration.
Working with staff in the Energy Forecasting and Modeling Group to create high quality data and analysis. Typical tasks may include: acquiring data on wind and PV installations and electricity market data to understand key aspects including: grid impacts, market impacts, and the role of enabling technologies such as energy storage. Duties may also include working with electric system models.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution.
- Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Demonstrated proficiency utilizing standard Microsoft Office software, particularly data manipulation in Excel.
- Excellent analytic and quantitative skills.
- Strong verbal, presentation, and technical writing abilities.
- Sound interpersonal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, innovative, and adaptable.
- Experience with programming (e.g. MatLab, R, C/C++, or other languages) or optimization techniques preferred.
- Basic knowledge of electric market operators and relevant data sets from EIA, FERC, and EPA preferred.
How to Apply: Submit resume, cover letter stating areas of interest, and prior semester school transcripts (unofficial acceptable).
Apply online on NREL’s job posting website, http://www.nrel.gov/employment/job_openings.html. Search for Internship – Energy Analysis or requisition number 2955BR.
For specific questions about Research Participant Program Internships, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
15013 Denver West Parkway
Golden, CO 80401
Job Posting URL: http://www.nrel.gov/employment/job_openings.html