Green Architecture Internship – Washington, D.C.
Organization: Bridging Nations
Position Title: Green Architecture Internship
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours & Compensation: 20-40 hrs/week. Unpaid.
Position Dates: Flexible start and end dates.
Posted On: February 12, 2013
The Bridging Nations Foundation is a nonprofit, policy organization based in Washington D.C. that promotes shared prosperity by focusing on bridging people and nations through technological innovation. Established in 2002, the foundation seeks to develop international dialogue through collaboration. We believe that technological innovation, particularly in green energy, will promote economic cooperation and secure the planet for future generations. Currently we are focused on the India-China Center, a foreign policy initiative that looks to improve business and economic relations between two of the largest countries in the world. Our second organization, the College of Energy, Environment & Sustainability, provides online course on green energy for students and working professionals.
Located just several blocks away from the White House, the Bridging Nations interns have the opportunity to develop skills in social media and marketing while also networking with all the people and organizations in the nation’s capital.
The College of Energy, Environment & Sustainability offers online courses in energy development, environmental protection and sustainable development. The College is seeking bright, motivated interns with experience in sustainable architecture and design that have an interest in educational development, social media promotions and communications. Knowledge of pollution reduction, off-grid solutions and low-emission buildings is essential for all applicants.
- Help develop courses in green construction and sustainable architecture
- Create Powerpoint presentations
- Design projects, including a net-zero mobile learning station
- Work with professors to create engaging educational material
- Conduct research, write blogs and promote architectural trends on social media
- Handle administrative tasks
- Plan an upcoming conference on changes in education and a business delegation to India and China
- Strong computer and organizational skills
- Understanding LEED certification
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Google Applications
- Great personal initiative and independence
- Strong research and writing skills
- Ability to multitask and remain organized
- Comfortable assisting and assuming responsibility for routine office tasks
- Currently enrolled or recent graduate
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a brief writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bridging Nations, http://www.bridgingnations.org
1800 K Street NW, Suite 622, Washington D.C. 20006