Energy & Climate Internship – Modesto, CA
Organization: Great Valley Center
Position Title: Energy & Climate Intern
Location: Modesto, CA
Hours & Compensation: 25-30 hrs/week. $10-$12/hr depending on experience.
Application Deadline: As soon as possible.
Position Dates: February 28, 2013 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Posted On: February 12, 2013.
The mission of the Great Valley Center is to support organizations and activities that promote the economic, social, and environmental well-being of California’s Great Central Valley.
Small nonprofit seeks articulate, detail-oriented individual to assist staff with program implementation. Integral to this position is the ability to succinctly and effectively communicate expectations and processes to a variety of individuals, including, but not imited to, fellow program staff, interns, local business/agency representatives and community stakeholders. Although the programs implemented by the Great Valley Center range in focus, this position will be dedicated almost exclusively to sustainability energy, and climate initiatives.
- Identifying, collecting, organizing and analyzing data
- Applying effective quality-control techniques to ensure integrity of data
- Drafting and reviewing complex written and graphical reports.
- Conducting outreach, including telephone calls, emails, letters and in-person meetings
- Effectively conveying program expectations during those meetings
- Conducting research in the areas of sustainability, energy, climate, planning, local governments, or other topics as assigned
- Attending training sessions as required by the program.
- Exceptional spreadsheet skills, specifically utilizing complex Excel sheets as well as formatting that data to develop concise and compelling Microsoft Word reports.
- Proven experience leading successful groups, especially where success was dependent upon performance of the team.
- Ability to pragmatically deal with unanticipated challenges as they arise, both in regard to program content and people challenges.
- Ability to quickly pick up new software and complex concepts in training sessions and to seek first to draw on existing resources to independently locate information and solutions.
- Individuals with experience in quantifying greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and/por energy efficiency are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Light travel required, averaging approximately once per month.
How to Apply: Email your resume and covered letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “GVC Intern 01” in the subject line. Resumes must include dates worked at all listed experience. Applicants may be required to take and pass a background investigation. Screening begins immediately.
Great Valley Center, http://www.greatvalley.org
1120 13th St., Suite C, Modesto, CA 95354