Energy and the Environment Volunteer Internship – New York, NY
Organization: Council on Foreign Relations
Position Title: Energy and the Environment Intern
Location: New York, NY
Hours & Compensation: Full-time, unpaid.
Position Dates: Summer 2013.
Application Deadline: Rolling.
Posted On: February 20, 2013.
The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading independent, nonpartisan membership organization, think tank, and publisher. Founded in 1921, CFR is dedicated to being a resource for its members, government officials, business executives, journalists, educators and students, civic and religious leaders, and other interested citizens to better understand the world and the foreign policy choices facing the United States and other countries. CFR, with headquarters located in New York City and an office in Washington, DC, conducts outreach programs to target constituencies nationwide. The organization’s 4,500+ members are leaders in global issues and include representatives from a broad range of fields. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent journal on international affairs. CFR provides commentary and analysis about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website, CFR.org, on ForeignAffairs.com, and through social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
CFR’s volunteer internships give selected volunteer interns the opportunity to receive training in the area of foreign policy; as well as skills training in areas such as writing, research, and program planning.
The Council has a volunteer internship available in the Studies Department. The intern will report to the Fellow for Energy and Environment and will help to organize and run the daily activities of the office and participate in research as needed.
- Assisting with research for upcoming experts meetings, locating data sets, and collecting open source information for future analysis.
- Writing research briefs for fellow’s upcoming book
- Assisting in research and fact checking for CFR publications related to energy, the environment, and national security
- Other logistical responsibilities
- Undergraduate student focusing on Economics, Environmental/Energy Studies, Political Science, International Relations, or related major.
- Strong interest and experience in the field of energy and the environment
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Extensive research experience and previous administrative experience
- Strong proofreading, speaking, writing and editing skills
- Attention to detail and excellent organization
How to Apply: Please email, mail or fax a resume and cover letter INCLUDING POSITION NAME, DAYS AND TIMES AVAILABLE TO WORK to the Human Resource Office at the address below.
Council on Foreign Relations, Human Resources Office, 58 E. 68th Street, New York, NY 10065
Fax: (212) 434-9893