Regulatory Specialist I – Richmond, VA
Organization: Williamsburg Environmental Group, Inc. (WEG)
Position Title: Regulatory Specialist I
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. WEG offers competitive salary and benefits (including medical, dental, life, short- and long-term disability insurance, 401(k), vacation, holidays, personal leave, tuition reimbursement).
Posted On: February 20, 2013
Williamsburg Environmental Group, Inc. (WEG) is a full-service environmental consulting and engineering firm that serves both the public and private sectors in providing simple, cost-effective solutions to today’s complex environmental problems. We offer specialized environmental services in the areas of ecology, environmental planning, water resources, ecology, stream assessment and restoration, landscape architecture, golf course planning, construction administration, and regulatory support. The multi-disciplined WEG staff includes licensed and registered professional engineers, wetland scientists, environmental planners, soil scientists, arborists, and landscape architects, as well as advanced regulatory specialists and ecologists. We work closely with our clients throughout the feasibility, planning, design, and construction phases of a project and combine our specific skills and expertise to deliver superior service and results every time.
Williamsburg Environmental Group, Inc. (WEG) is accepting resumes for a Regulatory Specialist I to work with a team of professionals in a progressive environmental company with offices located in Williamsburg, Richmond, and Fredericksburg, Virginia. WEG provides specialized environmental services in the areas of ecology, planning, regulatory support, landscape architecture, and water resources. Positon is currently available for the Richmond location.
- Assist Senior Staff in Preparation of Joint Permit Applications, Permit Support Documentation, NEPA documentation and Environmental Assessments
- Coordinate Threatened and Endangered Species and Cultural Resource Issues
- Coordinate with Regulatory Agents and Team Members on Assigned Projects
- Assist with Field Data Collection
- Environmental monitoring and inspections, specifically VSMP,VWP and mitigation monitoring and reporting Inspections
- 1-2 years of experience with Section 404/401 permitting, VSP permitting, wetland and stream issues, environmental assessments, technical reports, and mitigation
- Knowledge of state and federal permit procedures is required.
- NEPA document preparation/compliance experience is a plus.
- BA/BS degree in Environmental Science, Ecology, Environmental Studies, or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in word processing and database programs.
How to Apply: Please send resume along with salary requirements and references to the following address:
Williamsburg Environmental Group, Inc., Attn: Kelli Ancarrow, PHR-Human Resources Manager, 5209 Center St., Williamsburg, VA 23188
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: (757) 220-6869
Fax: (757) 565-6497