Ecologist – Columbus, OH
Organization: Lawhon & Associates, Inc.
Position Title: Ecologist
Location: Columbus, OH
Hours & Compensation: full-time, industry-competitive salaries.
Posted On: February 20, 2013
Lawhon & Associates, Inc. provides full-service environmental engineering and consulting services to solve environmental issues for the public and private sector. The company was established in 1985 to serve an emerging market in asbestos/lead management. Over the past 27 years, our services have grown to include environmental site investigations and remediation; environmental engineering solutions; ecological and wetland services; cultural and historic resources evaluations; and, indoor environmental quality (heavy metals, microbial contamination and air quality). We have over 30 professionals on staff with expertise and experience relevant to the services we offer.
L&A is seeking a Senior Environmental Scientist to lead wetland and stream delineation projects associated with Ohio’s growing oil and gas industry. Responsibilities include leading field survey teams, preparing technical reports and waterway permit applications, conducting regulatory agency coordination and assisting in the development of project scopes/budgets.
The candidate should have experience performing wetland delineations, wetland soil, hydrology and plant identification, threatened and endangered species surveys, wetland and stream assessments, and GPS and GIS mapping. Knowledge of Ohio’s Section 404/401 regulations and experience obtaining waterway permits is required. The position requires time in the field and travel across the state.
The required competencies and skills include:
- GPS and GIS mapping and data management
- Wetland delineations and waterway permitting
- Wetland and stream habitat assessments
- Threatened and endangered species surveys
- Regulatory agency coordination
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in botany, biology, natural resources, environmental science, or related field.
- Minimum of three years of experience completing wetland delineations, stream assessments, threatened/endangered species surveys and waterway permitting for the private sector.
- Experience with transportation-related projects is a plus.
How to Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Lawhon & Associates, Inc., http://www.lawhon-assoc.com
975 Eastwind Drive, Suite 190, Westerville, OH 43081