Education Outreach Coordinator – Laramie, WY
Organization: University of Wyoming Biodiversity Institude
Position Title: Education Outreach Coordinator
Location: Laramie, WY
Hours & Compensation: Full-time, academic professional, year-round with reappointment based on satisfactory evaluation. Salary is commensurate with experience but starts at $50,000. Benefits include University of Wyomin’s insurance, retirement, vacation, holidays, and sick leave.
Position Dates: May 1, 2013 (or as soon as possible thereafter)
Application Deadline: 11:59 pm MST on March 22, 2013.
Posted On: February 21, 2013
In 2012, the University of Wyoming created the BI to encourage wise and informed decisions concerning the conservation of biological diversity. To meet this challenge a central component of the BI’s mission is to promote, develop and evaluate biodiversity education in the K-12 schools of Wyoming. More information is available at www.uwyo.edu/biodiversity.
The University of Wyoming provides high quality undergraduate and graduate programs to 13,000 students from all 50 states and more than 90 countries. Established in 1886, UW is a nationally recognized research institution with accomplished faculty and world-class facilities. The University of Wyoming is nestled between two mountain ranges in southeastern Wyoming. It offers varied academic and lifestyle opportunities including outstanding outdoor recreation, and year-round cultural activities. The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of about 30,000 with a unique blend of sophistication and western hospitality.
The Education/Outreach Coordinator is an academic staff position of the University of Wyoming’s Biodiversity Institute (BI). The position will work with other BI staff in pursuit of its mission. The Education/Outreach Coordinator will coordinate the Institute’s education resources, manage the education components of the BI’s website, and provide education outreach to Wyoming’s teachers and schools.
- Masters degree in one of the following: Biological Sciences, Environmental Education, Science Education, Education, Curriculum & Instruction or a closely related field.
- Experience in at least one of the following: development and manipulation of curriculum resources (including digital resources and field and laboratory experiences), development and administration of educational websites, and development of print education materials.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working in an educational setting – schools, informal education, etc.
- Experience working both in front of or with people and behind a computer.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Background/experience in communication, biodiversity, sustainability or science education, and technology integration.
- Willingness to learn additional computer programs and skills as needed.
- Leadership ability and experience – leading project teams, creating programs, committee leadership.
- Experience providing support to classroom teachers.
- Creative and resourceful.
- Passion for and dedication to biodiversity education.
How to Apply: Send pdf files of letter of interest, resume or curriculum vitae, and at least three letters of reference to Brenna Marsicek, Biodiversity Institute, email@example.com by 11:59 pm MST on March 22, 2013.
UW Biodiversity Institute, http://www.uwyo.edu/biodiversity
Contact: Brenna Marsicek, firstname.lastname@example.org