Graduate Program Faculty – Jackson Hole, WY
Organization Overview: Teton Science Schools
Position Title: Graduate Program Faculty
Location: Jackson Hole, WY
Hours & Compensation: Full-time.
Posted On: January 17, 2013.
The Graduate Program integrates ecology and place based education to develop innovative leaders in science and education. Graduate students have mainly educational backgrounds and interests. Approximately 15-25 graduate students spend the first year of their master’s work in residence at TSS’ Kelly Campus in Grand Teton National Park and complete their graduate degrees at various universities. Courses are accredited through the University of Wyoming. Students are matriculated into the Science and Mathematics Teaching Center at the University of Wyoming during their year at TSS.
Integrating ecology and place-based teaching to develop innovative leaders in science and education.
- Coach and mentor graduate students in the Leadership in Field Science Education concentration of TSS Graduate Program
- Mentor graduate students and seasonal staff in the practice of field teaching
- Assist teaching graduate academic courses– specifically Leadership Program
- Teach, develop, supervise, and direct field education programs
- Support, teach and refine risk management at TSS
- Manage programs, resources, curriculum and staff to safely, efficiently and effectively support the TSS mission of connecting people, nature and place through education, science and stewardship.
- Master’s degree in science or education
- Demonstrated excellence in:
– field and classroom teaching
– outdoor leadership
– mentorship of teaching professionals
- Certifications required: Wilderness First Responder
Physical Requirements of Position:
- Drive 15-passenger vans for up to eight hours a day
- Hike, snowshoe, and cross-country ski over rough terrain potentially carrying a 50 lb. backpack
- Sit in classroom and desk situations for up to eight hours day
How to Apply: Complete the online application at https://tetonscience.wufoo.com/forms/m7x3q1/
Teton Science Schools, http://www.tetonscience.org
700 Coyote Canyon Road, Jackson, WY 83001