Equity Internship – San Francisco, CA
Organization: Wild Equity Institute
Position Title: Equity Intern
Location: San Francisco, CA
Hours & Compensation: Unpaid.
Application Deadline: Rolling.
Posted On: March 1, 2013.
WEI is a San Francisco-based organization with a national and international mission: to build a healthy and sustainable global community for people and the plants and animals that accompany us on Earth. As such, WEI is engaged in cutting-edge litigation at the intersection of the environmental justice and grassroots conservation movements, and our cases highlight the two movements’ shared moral foundation: equity, the creation of a more just and fair world.
The Wild Equity Institute (“WEI”) is currently accepting applications our Equity Internship program for the Spring & Summer of 2013. The Equity Internship program is designed to provide students, recent graduates, or dedicated volunteers with an opportunity to spur the creation or a more equitable world for all. Interns will work closely with experienced activists and environmental attorneys.
- Collect data on imperiled species and disadvantaged communities
- Submit information requests under the Freedom of Information Act
- Draft fact sheets, alerts, and editorials pertaining to our work
- Assist with grassroots organizing
- Draft formal administrative petitions to spur government action
- Some administrative work may also be required.
- Three month time commitment required, although part-time and project-specific internships can be accommodated.
- A background in ecology and/or civil rights is preferred.
Wild Equity Institute, http://www.wildequity.org
474 Valencia Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
Job URL: http://wildequity.org/pages/3019