Senior Conservation Director – Portland, OR
Organization: The Freshwater Trust
Position Title: Senior Conservation Director
Location: Portland, OR
Position Dates: Target start date is April 1, 2013.
Application Deadline: Until filled.
Posted On: March 1, 2013.
The Freshwater Trust, a non-profit leader in stream and river restoration, is seeking an experienced professional to join its management team as Senior Director of Conservation. This 1.0 FTE position will manage all conservation programs: habitat restoration, flow restoration, ecosystem services credit generation, and project monitoring and maintenance. The Senior Director of Conservation will also work closely with the Senior Director for Policy/General Counsel, Senior Director for Ecosystem Services, Managing Director and President on conservation and program strategy. The Senior Director of Conservation reports to the Managing Director.
- Manage all program directors, which currently include the Flow Restoration Director, Habitat Restoration Director, and Monitoring Manager.
- Assure alignment of all programmatic work with organizational objectives.
- In the near term, working closely with the Habitat Restoration Director and Senior Director of Ecosystem Services, prioritize the smooth and efficient operation of the ecosystem services credit generation. THIS IS A PRIORITY FOR THIS POSITION IN 2013 AND 2014.
- Serve as a member of the senior staff, along with the President, Managing Director, Senior Director for Development & Communications, Senior Director for Finance & Operations, Senior Director for Ecosystem Services and Senior Director for Policy/General Counsel.
- Minimum of 7 years restoration project management and/or related freshwater conservation experience. More significant experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of aquatic habitats, agricultural farm management practices, and the emerging field of managing/measuring ecosystem services desirable.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage staff and teams, including setting clear priorities, managing work flows, etc.
- Demonstrated capacity to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities within a high-energy environment.
- Strong passion for The Freshwater Trust’s mission and vision.
- Dynamic and highly motivated.
- Very high attention to detail, including accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to work coolly under pressure and as a high-functioning team member.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Strong knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
How to Apply: Supply the following documents in a single PDF in the order listed below.
- Cover Letter
Submit required information and documentation at https://www.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=fcde79df6d89452c9d43ada569f7f204.
Please, no phone or email inquiries about this position.
The Freshwater Trust, http://www.thefreshwatertrust.org
65 SW Yamhill Suite 200, Portland, OR 97204