Program Manager – Chicago, IL
Organization: Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (MEEA)
Position Title: Program Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: April 5, 2013.
Posted On: March 8, 2013.
The Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (MEEA) is a regional non-profit organization based in Chicago with a mission to advance energy efficiency in the Midwest to support sustainable economic development and environmental preservation. MEEA is a collective voice for energy efficiency at a national, regional and state level; acts as a clearinghouse to identify, evaluate and create successful programs and market assessments for the region; and fosters communication on effective energy policy.
The Program Manager will report directly to the Director of Programs and engage in oversight for a variety of MEEA programming including but not limited to: Lights for Learning (L4L) K-12 education and fundraiser program, Direct Install Program, regional Solid-State Lighting initiatives and other programs as assigned. The Manager will also develop and deliver the annual Midwest SSL Perceptions Survey and compile the final report. In addition to program delivery, the Manager will be responsible for new program development and expansion of existing programs throughout the Midwest.
The Program Manager will supervise assigned staff, provide guidance and expertise to MEEA team members as appropriate, engage in outreach to a variety of program partners and key stakeholders and strategize to expand and improve upon current program offerings. The Manager will work collaboratively with the entire MEEA team, program partners, key stakeholders and funders. The Manager will also present on MEEA programs throughout the region, represent MEEA at various industry meetings and maintain and foster existing relationships throughout the energy efficiency community to advance MEEA’s work.
- Deliver seamless daily leadership and direction through oversight of all program administration including L4L, Direct Install and other initiatives
- Supervise and coach team while effectively managing relationships with utility partners, vendors, program implementers, educators and other partners
- Design and implement program marketing strategies
- Cultivate new utility relationships
- Effectively manage annual program budgets and provide detailed financial reports to program funders, federal and state grantors, MEEA’s Program Director, Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Manage/track diverse funding sources including utilities, federal and state grants, and training funds from community colleges
- Expand funding streams through proposal development and coalition building
- Launch MEEA’s program presence in new states by identifying and managing relationships with investor-owned utilities, state energy offices, schools, local program implementers and program partners
- Manage/staff MEEA regional initiatives as assigned including workshops, programs and updating/cataloguing online resources and best practices
- Represent MEEA and speak at industry conferences and events to promote energy efficiency and support MEEA’s mission
- Manage and/or staff additional initiatives and projects as assigned
- Work collaboratively with Programs, Finance, Policy, Membership and all MEEA team members to advance energy efficiency throughout the region, grow membership and serve as a resource and expert
- Serve as a positive and proactive team member to take initiative to accomplish competing priorities and initiatives to meet deadlines and objectives
- B.A. or B.S. degree, advanced degree preferred
- Passion for and commitment to energy efficiency
- Minimum 4-6 years program development/management experience (EE and/or education program experience a plus)
- Ability to manage/prioritize multiple competing initiatives, responsibilities and personalities independently with professionalism to ensure successful program outcomes
- Results oriented management expertise including strategic planning and communication skills
- Strong facilitation, outreach and coalition building skills amongst diverse stakeholders
- Excellent organizational, writing, communication, and public speaking skills required (including grant, proposal and report development)
- Strong budget management skills
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of self-sufficiency and initiative while also functioning as a member of a team in a small-office environment
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities creatively with enthusiasm
- Demonstrated leadership ability, staff management expertise and a positive team orientation
- Ability to travel to promote MEEA programs
How to Apply: Submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: 2013 Program Manager by close of business on Friday, April 5, 2013. Candidates who do not submit all three items will not be considered.Candidates considered for interviews will be asked to provide writing samples and three references. No phone calls please.
Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance, http://www.mwalliance.org
20 N. Wacker, Suite 1301, Chicago, IL 60606