Senior Lobbyist – Washington, D.C.
Organization: Environmental Working Group (EWG)
Position Title: Senior Lobbyist
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Salary commensurate with experience and expertise.
Position Dates: One-year position.
Posted On: March 12, 2013.
The Environmental Working Group (EWG) is a not-for-profit environmental research organization that uses the power of information to improve public health and protect the environment by reducing pollution in air, water and food.
Based in Washington, D.C., and with an office in Oakland, California, EWG conducts groundbreaking, computer-assisted research on a variety of environmental issues. Recent
EWG research topics have included pesticides in foods, air, and water; the cutback in energy
conservation programs by California utilities; and toxic substances in beauty products.
The goal of EWG’s research is to turn raw data into usable information. Our researchers
unearth large databases from state and federal government agencies and other sources. Then,
using their considerable computer hardware, software, and database management
expertise, EWG analysts sift through the databases to discover the relevant information
and newsworthy stories that are buried within the mountains of data.
EWG supplements its database research and analysis with carefully targeted monitoring of
chemical contaminants in food, air and water.
EWG reports and publications have been the subject of literally thousands of news
accounts, and have been covered by virtually every major media outlet in the country,
including The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Los Angeles Times, and
major network news shows.
The Environmental Working Group (EWG), an environmental research and advocacy organization with offices in Washington, DC; Ames, IA; and Oakland, CA, seeks a one-year position senior lobbyist to support EWG advocacy.
- Coordinate efforts to reform federal food, energy, agriculture, and environmental policies.
- Establish and maintain relationships with nongovernmental organizationsadvocating for reform of federal food, energy, agriculture, and environmental policies,
- Advocate for reforms of federal food, energy, agriculture, and environmental policies and programs.
- Develop and disseminate materials in support of reforms
- Represent EWG in coalitions and collaborations with other organizations and interests pursuing objectives that complement EWG’s objectives.
- A strong commitment to advocacy to improve the environment, conserve natural resources, and protect human health is essential.
- Experience influencing the development and implementation of legislative and administrative policy is essential.
- Substantial familiarity with federal food, energy, agriculture, and environmental policies is a plus.
- Experience working with and ongoing relationships with nongovernmental organizations, interest groups, and legislative and executive branch staff major plus.
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with EWG research, communications, and government affairs staff in a fast-paced organization with a prominent profile infood, energy, agricultural and environmental policy.
- Excellent communications skills, including experience with print, broadcast, and new media, and strong written and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply: Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Environmental Working Group, http://www.ewg.org
1436 U Street NW, Suite 100, Washington, D.C. 20009