Administrative Assistant – San Francisco, CA
Organization: Energy Innovation: Policy and Technology, LLC
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: San Francisco, CA
Hours and Compensation: unclear
Application Deadline: open until filled
Posted on: March 18th, 2013
Energy Innovation is a small energy and environmental policy firm established in February of 2012. We have expertise in energy technologies (including efficiency improvements and renewable energy), atmospheric and climate change science, and energy and environmental policy. We work to promote the development of energy efficiency measures and zero-carbon energy technologies in the United States and overseas. We do this by (1) providing quality information and research to policymakers and other important decision makers, and (2) performing research and crafting insightful written and other media materials to educate the public on energy and environmental issues. We work with policymakers, NGOs, and other organizations to help them achieve their goals.
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following and other duties as assigned:
- Lead schedule coordination amongst Energy Innovation staff.
- Help manage the CEO’s calendar and time under the supervision of the HR & Finance Associate.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of agendas for in-house meetings.
- Research and/ or prepare materials for meetings and presentations when needed.
- Organize and maintain Energy Innovation staff receipts and enter affiliated expenses into the company’s Quickbooks accounting system.
- Update and maintain the CEO’s Outlook contact database and the company’s Salesforce database.
- Organize and maintain the CEO’s electronic and paper files.
- Order and maintain office and kitchen supplies.
- Greet visitors and vendors.
- Assist in managing the company’s social media.
The successful applicant will have the following minimum qualifications:
- BS or BA degree
- Strong organization stills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Superior telephone and email etiquette
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint)
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters with discretion
- Background in finance and accounting a plus
- Interest in learning (or experience with) Salesforce and WordPress
- Tact, poise, professional, diplomatic, and a good sense of humor
- Commitment to Energy Innovation’s mission and a passion for climate, energy, and environmental issues
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.