Hudson Valley Regional Outreach Contractor (ROC) – Kingston, NY
Organization: Courtney Strong, Inc.
Position Title: Hudson Valley Regional Outreach Coordinator (ROC) for NYSERDA’s Economic Development Growth Extension (EDGE) Program
Location: Kingston, NY
Hours & Compensation: Full-time.
Position Dates: Start as soon as possible.
Posted On: March 26, 2013.
Courtney Strong Inc. is a full-service marketing communications firm serving the government, not-for-profit and corporate sectors. Courtney Strong Inc. specializes in providing outreach and education on behalf of clients who are leading the transition to a clean energy economy.
Courtney Strong Inc. seeks to hire a self-motivated individual to act as the Hudson Valley Regional Outreach Contractor (ROC) for the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority’s (NYSERDA) Economic Development Growth Extension (EDGE) Program.
Successful candidates for this position will be actively engaged in spurring economic development by promoting energy efficiency, clean tech, and renewable energy throughout the Hudson Valley region. ROCs promote the value of energy efficiency, sustainable growth practices, and clean energy technologies using carefully constructed public-private partnerships. They utilize relationships with key economic development and other stakeholder organizations and their constituency base to provide direct customer support to move participants into NYSERDA programs. They focus their outreach on energy projects of regional significance and/or projects identified by the NYS Regional Economic Development Council (REDC) and as directed by NYSERDA. ROCs are expected to represent and market all NYSERDA programs with a focus on those that are available through the Consolidated Funding Application (CFA) process or as directed by the NYSERDA project manager.
ROC efforts will result in increased awareness of and participation (applications, proposals, etc.) in NYSERDA programs.
- Provide information about NYSERDA program opportunities across market sectors. This will require familiarity with CFA process as well as NYSERDA programs including, but not limited to FlexTech, Existing Facilities, New Construction, Industrial and Process Efficiency, Cleaner Greener Communities, Workforce Development, Innovation and Business Development, Multifamily, Residential, and R&D. Additionally, ROCs shall provide assistance to customers by responding to calls and inquiries, utilizing NYSERDA program materials, and other means relevant to assisting the customer with NYSERDA program participation.
- Assist in supporting the advancement of the REDCs and Regionally Significant Projects.
- Coordinate outreach efforts and share leads as necessary with other NYSERDA contractors such as Commercial & Industrial Outreach Contractors, Cleaner Greener Communities, Outreach Project Consultants, Climate Smart Communities, and Green Jobs Green NY Constituency Based Organizations.
- Develop and utilize strategic partnerships with state, regional and local economic development organizations, businesses, residents, and other community based organizations to leverage further marketing opportunities for NYSERDA programs. ROCs shall meet with key stakeholder groups and organizations to discuss customers who may be potential participants and explore opportunities for systematic outreach to members/customers.
- Develop creative new ways to promote energy efficiency and renewable energy to serve communities’ energy efficiency and climate protection goals.
- Provide assistance to energy-related businesses and entrepreneurs in the region by implementation of initiatives that increase the awareness of local and NYSERDA business assistance services that are available to early- stage clean energy businesses.
- Maintain information on partnerships, meetings, referrals, and other activities through regular reporting and the use of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Knowledge and ability to quickly learn about NYSERDA and its programs.
- Knowledge of the New York State energy industry.
- Familiarity with New York State government, legislative, and regulatory organizations and processes. Familiarity and experience in working in the Hudson Valley a plus.
- Previous experience working with small businesses and residents preferred.
- Possess a familiarity with the local and regional economic development business assistance programs
- Familiarity with the NYS Regional Economic Development Council’s process and strategic plan
- An interest in energy management practices and a commitment to reducing energy use.
- Background in building science, residential/commercial energy efficiency and/or renewable energy preferred.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter, creative, collegial, hard-working, and demonstrates a positive attitude and a strong commitment to ethical behavior.
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively in a team setting.
- Excellent project management skills – detail-oriented, extremely organized and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once.
- A track record of achieving measurable results.
- Demonstrated ability to meet strict deadlines under time constraints.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – able to communicate with multiple audiences including public officials, business owners, property owners and residents.
- Strong public speaking skills – ability to speak effectively and persuasively to large and small audiences.
- Provide reporting of metrics on time and complete on a regular basis.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with customers.
- Experience in event planning and community outreach.
- Experience drafting marketing materials (brochures, press releases, e-blasts) a plus.
- This position will require travel throughout the region. As such, the successful candidate must have a driver’s license and a car and a willingness and ability to travel locally and regionally.
- This position will occasionally require participation in evening and weekend events. As such, the successful candidate must be flexible in terms of work schedule.
- Comfortable working in diverse settings.
- Strong aptitude with computers. Proficiency with MS Power Point required. Adobe Suite, WordPress, Mailchimp and CRM experience a plus.
- Video experience a plus.
- Comfort with HTML a plus.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
A Bachelor’s degree in planning, architecture, engineering, natural or environmental science, business, marketing, communications, or related discipline plus five years professional experience; or three years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
How to Apply: For more information and to apply, contact Courtney Strong, Inc.
Courtney Strong, Inc., http://www.courtneystrong.com
446 Broadway, Kingston, NY 12401