Education and Projects Coordinator – Long Creek, OR
Organization: North Fork John Day Watershed Council
Position Title: Education and Projects Coordinator
Location: Long Creek, OR
Hours & Compensation: No information posted.
Application Deadline: None posted.
Posted On: March 29, 2013.
Eons ago, the mighty John Day River carved out a grand landscape that, today, provides a rich community of geology, plants, animals, and people. The North Fork John Day Watershed takes pride in supporting the ecosystems and communities of this magnificent setting through restoration, education, landowner assistance and community service. We are a private non-profit organization that inspires awareness of the landscape and success of the people who call this landscape home.
The Education & Projects Coordinator position is an opening which offers a diverse work plan. The necessary skills are defined by strong organization, pleasure working with people (individuals of all ages), and technical-writing/communication skills. It is comprised of two primary functions:
- Soliciting, organizing, contracting, implementing, monitoring and reporting on diverse landscape and habitat management activities for the North Fork John Day Watershed Council
- Organizing and overseeing field projects for high school students
The Education and Projects Coordinator works closely with all personnel at NFJDWC to optimize the output of the organization and uphold its mission. This is a job for the person who likes both natural resources and people.
- Plan and implement complex projects related to landscape improvement and community support. This will include landowner projects as well as educational project opportunities for students.
- Prepare work plans, contracts, proposals, permit applications, timelines, and deliverables for restoration projects, educational programs and other organizational efforts.
- Supervise students on field projects.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with landowners, schools, funding entities, agency personnel, and organizations.
- Oversee contracts and contractors to assure optimal delivery of project goals.
- Technical writing to include grant applications, proposals and interim/final reporting in a timely and organized fashion.
- Mapping and data management in a variety of systems.
- Project management to include tracking; reporting; communication with funders, partners, and Executive Director; and assuring that project objectives and deliverables are met.
- Experience in the development, implementation, and support of complex projects
- Versatility between office and field operations is required to follow projects from development through implementation to completion
- Knowledge of natural resource systems
- Attention to safety is imperative.
- Patient with young adults and enjoy sharing time and knowledge with them.
- Proficient in technical writing skills; project organization and supervision; communication; electronic platforms: Excel, Word, Mapping Software
- Must enjoy working in a small rural community, remote from many services.
How to Apply: Send a resume, cover letter, and a technical writing sample to email@example.com.
North Fork John Day Watershed Council, http://nfjdwc.org
691 N. Highway 395, PO Box 444, Long Creek, OR 97856