Campaign Specialist – Washington, D.C.
Organization: U.S. Green Building Council
Position Title: Campaign Specialist
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours & Compensation: Full-time.
Posted On: March 29, 2013.
The Council is the nation’s foremost coalition of leaders from across the building industry working to promote buildings that are environmentally responsible, profitable and healthy places to live and work.
USGBC is currently seeking a professional to serve as campaign specialist. The Campaign Specialist is an integral member of the USGBC advocacy department and works to drive the success of the green building industry through seven advocacy campaigns primarily focused on state and local public policy issues. More information on USGBC’s Advocacy Campaigns can be found at www.usgbc.org/campaigns.
The Campaign Specialist will be in charge of organizing, managing, and coordinating volunteers and resources among 77 local USGBC chapters, which include 30,000 plus chapter members and 330 local government contacts, to help advance green building policy across the country. This individual will be the primary contact for local chapter volunteers and members interested in the USGBC advocacy and will be working with a diverse set of stakeholders, interest groups, and USGBC staff to drive the organization’s mission forward.
- Monitor and help advance the seven USGBC advocacy campaigns
- Provide strategic support to volunteers, green building advocates, and chapter members on a wide range of local and state green building policy issues
- Develop collateral and materials like facts sheet, market reports, and other resources that support chapter campaign efforts
- Cultivate new contacts and relationships with legislators, government officials, and other decision makers
- Quickly be able to write blogs and other materials to highlight key advocacy successes for internal and external audiences
- Build working coalitions with other regional building industry and environmental groups
- Coordinate with relevant companies from USGBC’s 12,000 organizational members
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a related building industry, or environmental discipline
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 4 years professional experience in a public policy related field with at least two cycles of campaign experience in a field organizer position or higher
Other Required Skills and Qualifications
- Strong experience in managing multiple projects and teams
- Demonstrated track record in successful people management and proven ability to motivate others
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to anticipate complex issues and develop simple, effective solutions
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Excellent communication, organizational and computer skills, including MS Office Suite
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Passion for and commitment to USGBC mission.
How to Apply:
Email or fax your resume and a letter of interest to our human resources department. Note the title of the position you are applying for and your salary requirements. Submit files as PDFs or Word documents.
US Green Building Council, http://www.usgbc.org
2101 L Street NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20037