Power Shift 2013 Fellows Program – Washington, D.C. or Pittsburgh, PA
Organization: Energy Action Coalition
Position Title: Power Shift Fellow
Location: Washington, D.C. or Pittsburgh, PA
Hours & Compensation: Full-time, temporary. Stipend available for upto $500 a month.
Position Dates: June 14, 2013 – August or October, 2013.
Application Deadline: Rolling until filled.
Posted On: March 29, 2013.
unded in June 2004 by youth climate leaders, the Energy Action Coalition (EAC) mobilizes the collective power of the millennial generation to stop climate change and create a just, clean energy future and resilient, thriving communities for all. The 30 partners and allies of Energy Action Coalition work together to leverage our collective power and create change for a clean, efficient, just and renewable energy future. Energy Action Coalition is one of the preeminent youth grassroots organizing forces in the country. The work of Energy Action Coalition is focused on four strategic areas: campuses, communities, corporate practices, and politics. To learn more visit http://www.energyactioncoalition.org/
Energy Action Coalition will be holding Power Shift 2013 on October 18-21, 2013 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, bringing together 10,000+ young people to connect, train, and leverage our collective power to achieve the ambitious solutions we need to mitigate the climate crisis.
When 10,000+ young people come together this fall for Power Shift 2013 it will be a defining moment in our fight for a clean energy future, and YOU can help build it from the ground up. We are searching for a team of dedicated leaders to form the core of our implementation team moving Power Shift 2013 from vision to reality.
This is not a typical summer internship, this is a chance to shape history. As a Power Shift Fellow, you will not only get hands-on experience organizing a major event, you will be shaping the future of our movement.
Power Shift Fellows will play instrumental roles across all aspects of Power Shift — from recruitment to artist outreach to action planning and more. Whatever your skillset or interests are, if you are passionate about this movement and hungry to take the lead, there is a role for you. Don’t miss this unprecedented opportunity to engage at the heart of the youth climate movement at a pivotal moment in the fight!
Each fellow will take a leadership role on a team managing a specific aspect of power shift. Responsibilities will vary depending on the skills and interests of the applicant, but may include:
- Organize campaign work and action in the lead up to Power Shift 2013
- Develop and implement training program for Power Shift 2013
- Tell the story of Power Shift through online communication and social media
- Support mass outreach for Power Shift 2013
- Coordinate the Power Shift program and agenda
- Manage and implement student scholarships
- Manage and implement logistics for attendees such as housing or travel
- Develop shared resources for conference planners
- Plan the Power Shift 2013 action
- Develop and maintain internal communication and planning systems to maintain a strong, collaborative planning process
- Manage data and analytics systems for field and online organizing
- Passionate leaders with the ambition to build a bold, strong and diverse climate movement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in working in a collaborative environment with partners and staff
- Willingness to learn new things and take on new responsibility
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Ability to move work forward independently but thrive in a team environment
How to Apply:
Fill out the online application form and upload your resume at: http://www.wearepowershift.org/power-shift-fellows/apply.
Energy Action Coalition, http://www.wearepowershift.org