Capitol Hill Outreach Fellow – Washington, D.C.
Organization: International Conservation Caucus Foundation
Position Title: Capitol Hill Outreach Fellow
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours & Compensation: 40-50+ hours/week. Fellows receive stipends.
Position Dates: 4 months.
Application Deadline: None posted.
The International Conservation Caucus Foundation (ICCF) is a 501(c)(3) educational foundation promoting the projection of U.S. leadership for international conservation worldwide.
Domestically the U.S. has set the world’s gold standard for landscape scale conservation dating back to the leadership of President Theodore Roosevelt. In today’s 21st century, the U.S. needs to exert responsible and forward thinking leadership in conservation policy and in providing the export of conservation expertise to the world’s emerging nations.
For a decade, the mission of ICCF has been to serve as the nucleus for Congressional leadership for U.S. international conservation in concert with the projection of U.S. business and national security interests worldwide.
ICCF underpins the leadership of the bipartisan U.S. Congressional International Caucus (ICC), which comprises more than a third of the U.S. Congress. We educate policy makers on international issues of natural resource management throughout the legislative process. We are pro-business, pro-development and pro-environment. We are committed to market-oriented solutions for conservation and sustainability worldwide.
The Capitol HIll Outreach Fellow will be responsible for helping with program coordination, distribution of materials, event planning, office needs and general office and field projects. Applicants are strongly considered for full-time employment following a successful fellowship.
- Interact with Members of Congress, Heads of State, Ambassadors, Administration Officials in formal settings
- Work with Congressional Staff to coordinate events held on Capitol Hill, corporate offices, and federal agencies
- Work with federal, corporate and scientific community to highlight sustainable conservation programs
- Assist in providing education programs and tools to policy makers
- Assist with development and distribution of publications and outreach materials
- Assist with general office work
- Willingness to help with a variety of programs and tasks
- Excellent manners
- Well-organized and self-motivated
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and projects and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to be polite and assertive simultaneously on the phone
- Proven ability to work with a team, but capable of working independently
- Prefer recent graduates, college juniors or seniors are acceptable.
- Bachelor’s degree and prior office experience required.
- Capitol Hill experience is preferred.
How to Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to HQ@ICCFoundation.us. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We appreciate your understanding.
International Conservation Caucus Foundation, http://iccfoundation.us.
3250 Prospect Street NW, Washington, D.C. 20007-3214