Sustainability Program Intern – Portola Valley, CA
Organization: Town of Portola Valley
Position Title: Sustainability Program Intern
Location: Portola Valley, CA
Hours & Compensation: At least 15 hours/week. Unpaid internship, but mileage will be reimbursed.
Position Dates: Three to six months.
Application Deadline: Applications evaluated as received, position open until filled.
The Town of Portola Valley is a small rural community located 5 miles west of Stanford University in the foothills of San Mateo County.
Portola Valley seeks a highly organized and enthusiastic intern to assist with the town’s sustainability-related efforts. This internship is an ideal opportunity to learn about a local government approach to sustainability and greenhouse gas emissions reduction.
- Perform a variety of duties in support of programs related to energy and water conservation.
- Support the Assistant to the Town Manager and Sustainability Committee with implementation of a residential energy- and water-efficiency program, with additional opportunities to work on diverse sustainability programs.
- Assist with outreach, develop program materials, launch specific program components, set up tracking systems, and coordinate events.
- Effective team player who is able to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing, and have demonstrated skill in detail-oriented work.
- Demonstrate knowledge and interest in environmental issues, energy conservation programs, and sustainability planning.
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator or InDesign a plus
- Ability and desire to work effectively with community members is essential.
- Candidates must have completed or be currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program in urban, regional, or environmental planning, environmental studies, ecology, or a closely related field
- Volunteer or work experience related to sustainability highly desired.
How to Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to Brandi de Garmeaux at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the date you are available to start work. Applications will be evaluated as they arrive, the position is open until filled.
Town of Portola Valley, http://www.portolavalley.net