Research Internship – Washington, D.C.
Organization: Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA)
Position Title: Research Intern
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours & Compensation: 30-40 hours/week. Unpaid, but transportation stipend is available.
Position Dates: Duration of the summer. Start May 2013.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Posted On: April 1, 2013.
SEIA is the national trade association of solar energy manufacturers, project developers, distributors, contractors, installers, architects, consultants and financiers. Established in 1974, SEIA works to make solar energy a mainstream and significant energy source by expanding markets, strengthening the industry, and educating the public on the benefits of solar energy.
SEIA is looking for a summer intern to work on a variety of high-priority research projects focused on the U.S. solar industry. Prospective applicants will have the opportunity to work alongside passionate and talented individuals in a fast-paced Washington, D.C. environment, with responsibilities that touch on all aspects of SEIA’s research agenda.
- Solar industry and energy policy research
- Data collection and analysis
- Construction of data visuals
- Professional writing (fact sheets, reports and/or web content)
- Interest in energy, environmental policy, economics, business and/or statistics
- Previous professional or academic experience in policy research and analysis and proficiency with Microsoft Excel is preferred.
- Experience with GIS applications a plus.
- Detail-oriented self-starter with strong communication skills across al mediums and a demonstrated ability to think critically.
- Graduate or undergraduate student in public policy, economics, business (management or finance) , statistics, political science, or related field.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Shawn Rumery at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Solar Energy Industries Association, http://www.seia.org
505 9th Street NW, Suite 800, Washington, D.C. 20004