Leadership Development Coordinator – San Diego, CA
Organization: Environmental Health Coalition
Position Title: Leadership Development Coordinator
Location: San Diego, CA
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. $42,553 – $51,048 depending on qualifications.
Position Dates: May 5, 2013.
Application Deadline: Open until filled, preference to applications received by April 30, 2013.
Posted On: April 5, 2013.
Environmental Health Coalition (EHC) is a San Diego/Tijuana non-profit social and environmental justice organization dedicated to the prevention and cleanup of toxic pollution threatening our health, our community and the environment.
EHC’s Leadership Development Program, SALTA (Salud Ambiental Lideres Tomando Accion, Environmental Health, Leaders Taking Action) is a key building block to deepen community organizing and advocacy and strengthen the environmental justice movement locally, regionally and internationally. Residents of low-income communities of color and movement organization staff are the primary participants in the Leadership Development Program.
The Leadership Development Coordinator has primary responsibility for leading and managing curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation of all EHC leader development activities. The Coordinator is responsible for the creation of the overall training strategy and approach. He/she works with staff and leader teams to develop popular education-based training based on EHC’s Social Change for Justice Model. Bilingual Spanish-English written and verbal fluency required. The Coordinator is supervised by the Associate Director.
Implement training program including core SALTA 9-week series and monthly workshops serving 5 communities where EHC works and serving other organizational allies
- Lead all aspects of curriculum development and implementation
- Collaborate with EHC staff, Board and leaders to meet Campaign and Leader skill needs
- Review, edit, research, write, and update training materials including content outlines, participant materials, PowerPoint presentations, etc. for web site publication and training
- Develop creative and interactive popular education training tools and approaches and effectively integrate into all training sessions to support and reinforce core concepts
- Develop evaluation mechanisms and execute for every session
- Serve as primary facilitator at all trainings for content and process aspects
- Develop SALTA and other EHC training materials for publication & dissemination to allied organizations via website and other means in coordination with Communications Director.
- Develop and execute annual strategic plan for leadership development program
- Develop and manage Leadership Development budget
- Develop and implement continuous evaluation system to improve and enhance program including trainer performance, the effectiveness of training programs, and recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain project data files such as participant attendance, course completion and provide regular project reports
- Popular Education Teaching: Experience training adults, including knowledge of adult learning theory and facilitation required. Curriculum development experience.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly in English and Spanish; varies writing style to meet needs; presents data effectively; able to read and interpret written information; strong editing skills. Ability to translate between English and Spanish.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in individual and group settings; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed
- Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter, resume, 3 references, and salary requirements to EHC@environmentalhealth.org. Subject line should read: Leadership Coordinator.
Environmental Health Coalition, http://www.environmentalhealth.org
2727 Hoover Avenue, Suite 202, San Diego, CA 91950