Program Officer – Seoul, South Korea
Position Title: Program Officer
Location: Seoul, South Korea
Hours & Compensation: Full-time (9:30 am – 6:00 pm). Salary is about KRW 40 million per year (about US$35,000).
Position Dates: 2 year term (extendable) after a 3 month probationary period.
Application Deadline: April 14, 2013.
Posted On: April 5, 2013.
CITYNET, the Regional Network of Local Authorities for the Management of HUman Settlements, is a network committed to helping local authorities improve the lives of citizens and promote urban sustainability. CITYNET focuses on confronting common urban challenges, such as transportation, housing, water services, sanitation, and solid waste management. With 130 members -consisting of cities and other urban stakeholders mainly in the Asia Pacific region – and 25 years of history, CITYNET is the largest network of its kind in the Asia Pacific region.
The CITYNET Secretariat has recently relocated to Seoul, South Korea. With this move, the Secretariat is expanding and is currently looking for passionate and talented professionals to join our Programs team. This position is open to all qualified candidates located in South Korea and internationally.
- Assist with planning, implementing, managing, monitoring, and evaluating projects and programs
- Support and coordinate activities promoting expertise and policy exchange among member ities
- Supervise overseas and domestic capacity building programs, mainly for member cities
- Assist with managing and strengthening CITYNET’s member network
- Plan strategic partnerships with other international and local organizations/agencies
- Assist with preparing and editing CITYNET reports and plans, pursuant to CITYNET procedures and guidelines
- Support and assist with writing and researching project proposals
- Bachelor’s degree in urban development, urban engineering, international development, international affairs, environmental studies or other related area (master’s preferred)
- At least 3 years work experience in NGO programming, especially relating to urban devellopment issues
- Strong interest in urban planning in the Asia Pacific region and ability to provide vision for program development of CITYNET
- Ability to liaise and coordinate with CITYNET members and other stakeholders
- Knowledge of international/non-governmental/inter-governmental organizations,s, such as C40, City Protocol, the UN, World Bank
- Ability to think creatively, work proactively, and overcome challenges independently
- High proficiency in English speaking, reading, and writing
- Proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Office, Google Apps, ADobe Creative Suites, and HTML
- Significant international experience
- No legal restrictions on overseas travel
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
How to Apply:
Email curriculum vitae, cover letter, 2 recommendation letters, a copy of your transcript and diplomas, aa copy of your work records (if applicable), official scores from English proficiency tests (if necessary) to email@example.com by April 14, 2013.
Recruitment Schedule: Application materials screened April 15-17. In person and Skype interviews scheduled on April 18, 2013. Due to the large number of applications anticipated, CITYNET will not be able to respond to every applicant.
Contact Phone: 82-2-2133-5271