Standards Associate – Wayne, PA
Organization: B Lab
Position Title: Standards Associate
Location: Wayne, PA
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. $30-$50,000.
Application Deadline: None specified.
Posted On: April 4, 2013.
B Lab is a non-profit organization dedicated to using the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. B Lab drives systemic change through three interrelated activities: 1) building a community of Certified B Corporations to make it easier for all of us to tell the difference between “good companies” and just good marketing; 2) accelerating the growth of the impact investing industry through the use of B Lab’s GIIRS Impact Ratings System by institutional investors; and 3) promoting supportive public policies, including legislation that creates a new corporate form for good businesses.
As of December 2012: There are 650 Certified B Corporations from 60 industries, representing nearly $3B of commerce. Twelve states have enacted Benefit Corp Legislation including CA, NY, NJ, VT, MD, VA, SC, LA and HI. Over 60 funds, 15 institutions, and hundreds of companies are using GIIRS to distinguish their investment activities.
Position Purpose: Assist companies and funds in the process of becoming a Certified B Corporation or obtaining a GIIRS Rating.
- Assist companies in completing the B Corp Certification Process and/or GIIRS Ratings Process. Typically the process includes the following:
- Completing and validating the B Impact Assessment (data about the company’s social and environmental performance (www.bcorporation.net/survey ).
- Assisting companies in providing supporting documentation and amending their legal documents to meet certification requirements (for B Corps only).
- Assist fund managers, institutional investors, business associations, and industry groups networks in adopting the standards for their investees or members.
- Provide continual feedback to improve the Standards and improving the ratings process.
- Produce research about corporate impact performance derived from the B Impact Assessment.
- Passion for using business to solve social and environmental problems.
- High energy, self-managing, relentless problem solving type personality.
- Interest in executing projects that require a high level of detail orientation.
- Previous experience with understanding and troubleshooting technological problems.
- Strong relationship-building, communications, analytical, and organizational skills.
- 1-3 years experience in business.
How to Apply: Email resume and cover letter to Hardik Savalia at email@example.com.
B Lab, http://bcorporation.net
155 E. Lancaster Ave., 2nd Floor, Wayne, PA 19087