Keep Antibiotics Working Coalition Coordinator – Chicago, IL
Organization: Food Animal Concerns Trust (FACT)
Position Title: Keep Antibiotics Working (KAW) Coalition Coordinator
Location: Chicago, IL
Hours & Compensation: 30 hours/week. $25,000. Salary is non-negotiable because position is grant-funded.
Position Dates: Start date July 1, 2013. Funded through June 2014.
Application Deadline: May 15, 2013.
Posted On: April 12, 2013.
Keep Antibiotics Working (KAW) is a coalition of health, consumer, agricultural, environmental, humane, and other advocacy groups with more than 11 million supporters dedicated to ending the overuse of antibiotics in animal agriculture. More information about KAW can be found at www.keepantibioticsworking.com.
The coalition is seeking a temporary, part-time Coalition Coordinator to manage the coalition’s collaborative, fundraising, and administrative functions. This position involves carrying out a number of functions that are essential in helping KAW’s 12 member groups work together smoothly.
Food Animal Concerns Trust (FACT) serves as the fiscal agent of the KAW coalition and also will house the KAW Coalition Coordinator. The Coalition Coordinator is supervised by FACT’s Executive Director. The position’s duration is based on the availability of KAW funding, and currently is funded through June 2014.
- Preparation and follow-up for weekly conference calls and in-person meetings
- Semi-annual in-person meeting agenda development and coordination of meeting logistics, including participation at the meeting itself (travel is covered)
- Maintenance of coalition records (website, financial records, media files, etc)
- Drafting foundation proposals and reports
- Maintaining list of endorsing organizations for relevant legislation
- Writing and sending monthly newsletters to KAW’s online subscribers and updating KAW’s Facebook page on a regular basis
- Accomplishing special projects
- Representation of KAW at relevant conferences and meetings as needed
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow through on assigned tasks
- Personable and able to facilitate positive and helpful interactions between coalition members
- Able to lead productive discussions on conference calls
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Diplomatic and able to exercise discretion when handling sensitive or confidential information
- Experience working in food policy and advocacy greatly desired
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in related field (such as public health, environmental studies, public policy) is a plus
- Familiarity with maintaining websites, social media pages, etc. required.
- Ability to travel.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to Lisa Isenhart at email@example.com by May 15, 2013 to be considered for this position. Please write “KAW Coalition Coordinator application” in the subject line. Interviews with select candidates will take place by late May or early June. The start date for this position is July 1, 2013. No phone calls please.
Food Animal Concerns Trust, http://www.foodanimalconcerns.org
Keep Antibiotics Working Coalition, http://www.keepantibioticsworking.com