Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative Intern – New York, NY
Organization: Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI)
Position Title: Program Intern
Location: New York, NY
Hours & Compensation: 20 hours/week (flexible). Unpaid, must be able to earn academiccredit.
Position Dates: June through August 2013, with start and end dates flexible.
Application Deadline: May 15, 2013.
Posted On: April 17, 2013.
RGGI, Inc. is the non-profit corporation established by the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states
participating in the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, to implement the nation’s first
mandatory, market-based program to address greenhouse gas emissions.
RGGI, Inc. provides administrative and technical services to support the development and
implementation of each RGGI State’s CO2 Budget Trading Program and is located in New York
The Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, Inc. (RGGI, Inc.) is looking for a Program Intern for the
summer of 2013. The Program Intern will work directly with RGGI Inc.’s Program Managers. Program
implementation areas could include the RGGI auctions, the RGGI emissions and allowance
tracking system (RGGI COATS), offsets, electricity monitoring, and electricity sector and economic modeling.
- Tracking of energy sector and RGGI compliance entities developments
- Performing database research and analysis with spreadsheet tools
- Supporting and reviewing program modeling analysis
- Researching GHG emissions reductions programs policy mechanisms
- Researching and supporting implementation of offsets protocols
- Full-time undergraduate or graduate student
- Coursework or internship experience preferred in energy, government, environmental policy, environmental sciences, or economics
- Familiarity with national GHG emissions reductions programs a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, especially MS Excel
- Outstanding research and written communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to switch seamlessly among different projects
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, http://www.rggi.org
90 Church Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10007