Carbon Market Watch Internship – Brussels, Belgium
Organization: Carbon Market Watch
Position Title: Intern
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Paid.
Position Dates: Start date is May 15, 2013. 6-month position.
Application Deadline: April 26, 2013.
Posted On: April 19, 2013.
Carbon Market Watch, a project of Nature Code – Centre of Development & Environment, scrutinises carbon markets and advocates for fair and effective climate protection. Originally it focused on the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) and was called CDM Watch. Now it has expanded to cover other carbon market initiatives, including new market mechanisms, the EU-ETS, Joint Implementation, Emissions Trading and mechanisms to reduce emissions from degradation and deforestation (REDD).
Carbon Market Watch is recruiting a dynamic intern for a 6-month position in its Brussels office. The intern will work closely with the Network team to support activities related to its 2013 carbon offsetting advocacy campaign.
Support the Campaign Coordinator and team in the preparation of advocacy tools and daily tasks, including inter alia:
- Research and intelligence gathering on individual CDM projects
- Daily media monitoring
- Communication research support
- Attending and support with the organisation of relevant events in Brussels
- Master degree in a relevant field
- Prior experience with voluntary and/or NGO work
- Enjoy working with people from a wide range of cultures and nationalities
- Demonstrated personal commitment to environmental protection and human development
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Demonstrated analytical skills with particular experience in climate change policy analysis
- Research gathering and analysis skills
- Communication sills and experience with building online outreach tools
- Understanding of climate policies, including carbon offsetting
- Proficient in Office software, especially with Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills (additional languages considered an asset)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and strict timelines simultaneously
- Great attitude and strong interpersonal skills; able to work independently and as part of a team
How to Apply:
Candidates must be available to start working as of 15 May 2013. The Internship is 6 months, full-time and based in Brussels. Interviews will be conducted in person from 6-8 May 2013. To apply, please send a CV and letter indicating your intent to: Christina.Reinards@carbonmarketwatch.org before 17:00, Friday 26 April 2013.
Carbon Market Watch, http://www.carbonmarketwatch.org
Rue d’Albanie 117, Brussels, Belgium