Research Fellow – New York, NY
Organization: ARCHIVE Global
Position Title: Research Fellow
Location: New York, NY
Hours & Compensation: 21 hours/week. Unpaid.
Position Dates: Minimum of 3 months.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Posted On: April 19, 2013.
ARCHIVE works at the intersection of health and housing. We use one basic need – housing – to deliver one basic right – health.
The organization seeks a part time Research Fellow to support its work in the area of population health and economic analysis. ARCHIVE Global projects aim to have a large level of community involvement so it is imperative that the Research Fellow creates an arena where community voices can be heard by health authorities. This role requires the successful candidate to report directly to the Manager.
- Managing relationships between ARCHIVE Global and community, private and government and international agencies
- Authoring articles for inclusion in academic and/or trade publications
- Developing research proposals as well as formulating reports
- Providing administrative and research support, including: literature reviews; assisting with data collection; designing charts, graphs, and tables
- Setting and managing research agenda for stakeholder meetings
- Attending ARCHIVE Global events
- Degree in public health, environmental health, global health, health economics, public policy, economics, political science, statistics, international development, or related fields
- Proved track record or interest in development
- Master’s degree in relevant area
- Experience/interest in research, economics and/or global health
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and on small teams while managing multiple priorities
- Must be able to manage multiple deadlines
- Good time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Demonstrated interest or experience in the non-profit/development sector
How to Apply:
To apply please send copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ARCHIVE Global, http://www.archiveglobal.org
894 Sixth Avenue, New York, NY 10001