Deputy National Field Director – Washington, D.C.
Organization: League of Conservation Voters
Position: Deputy National Field Director
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours & Compensation: Full-time.
Application Deadline: May 15, 2013.
Posted On: April 25, 2013.
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) is a national non-profit organization that works to turn environmental values into national priorities. To secure the environmental future of our planet, LCV advocates for sound environmental policies, elects pro-environment candidates who will adopt and implement such policies, and provides the state LCVs with the resources and tools to accomplish and sustain their mission.
- Through our National Environmental Scorecard and Presidential Report Card we inform the public about the most important environmental legislation of the past Congressional session and show them how their own and other representatives voted.
- We run tough and effective campaigns to defeat anti-environment candidates, and support those leaders who stand up for a clean, healthy future for America.
- We educate the public, build coalitions, promote grassroots power, and train the next generation of environmental leaders as part of our grassroots efforts.
The LCV Family of Organizations includes LCV, LCV Action Fund, LCV Victory Fund, and LCV Education Fund.
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national priorities. To secure the environmental future of our planet, LCV’s mission is to advocate for sound environmental policies, to elect pro-environmental candidates who will adopt and implement such policies and to provide the state LCVs with the resources and tools to accomplish and sustain their mission. The Deputy National Field Director will work with the National Field Director to develop and oversee field-related activities on issue advocacy and electoral campaigns.
- Work with national LCV staff and state LCVs to help develop and implement field plans for issue campaigns (energy, global warming and toxics) and electoral campaigns, including canvasses, volunteer recruitment, grassroots phonebanks and other mobilization efforts.
- Oversees and provides resources to state league organizers working on federal grant programs.
- Ensure that all field activities are properly tracked in VAN. Work with the data team to develop metrics and reports for all program activity.
- Work with Field and Data teams to build experiments and tests into all programs.
- Help build LCV and the state LCVs’ volunteer capacity and membership engagement, including working closely with the Digital Strategies team to increase our members’ engagement in our campaigns.
- Work with the LCVs Field and Data teams and state LCV staff to oversee organizers focused on national campaigns.
- Work closely with LCV and state LCV staff to ensure that other program activities (paid phones, mail, advertising, etc) are fully integrated with field activities.
- Ability to draft and manage program budgets.
- Ensure compliance and reporting of all field-related electoral activities working with Legal and Finance Division and, where appropriate, state LCVs.
- Coordinate the implementation of field programs in politics and grassroots lobbying on legislative issues and oversee the activities of state LCVs on collaborative campaigns.
- Work with Development staff to provide timely updates for grant reports and other donor-related needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: College degree required.
- Work experience: Minimum of 3 cycles of field experience on either issue or electoral campaigns.
- Skills: Strong organizing, writing and verbal skills; highly detail-oriented; fluency in VAN and Office Suite; creative and aggressive in pursuing organizing opportunities; commitment to metrics and tracking progress; works well in a fast-paced environment and able to multi-task without sacrificing quality of work; ability to represent LCV to a variety of allies and audiences; understanding of environmental issues and their potential to engage the public.
- Conditions: Ability to work overtime with little notice; able to work hours exceeding stated office hours to get the job done; ability and willingness to travel. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with Deputy National Field Director in the subject line by May 15, 2013. No phone calls please.
League of Conservation Voters, http://www.lcv.org
1920 L Street NW, Washington, D.C. 20036