Intern – New York, NY
Organization: Global Energy Initiative
Position Title: Intern
Location: New York, NY
Hours & Compensation: 20-25 hours/week. Unpaid.
Position Dates: Available to start immediately. 3-month initial commitment with potential for extension.
Application Deadline: None posted.
Posted On: April 23, 2013.
Global Energy Initiative is an international not-for-profit organization with the mission of promoting sustainable energy for all to fight energy poverty, protect environment, and mitigate effects of climate change. The GEI also aims to creating a new energy paradigm that would contribute to more equitable economic and social development to the benefit of entire humanity in general and the developing and least developed countries in particular.
To this end, Global Energy Initiative organizes public discussion forums; educate people on judicious energy use, environmental protection and effects of climate change; promote research and technological advancement on energy efficiency; and support projects that help in eliminating energy poverty.
Global Energy Initiative is seeking an Intern to assist in research, outreach and event organizing functions of the organization. The selected candidate will also assist in organizing a high-level energy conference at the United Nations. Since this is a newly launched initiative, during the internship you will have a great opportunity to learn about and hone up your skills in all aspects of an international nonprofit organization operation – 1) event planning and outreach, 2) research & publishing 3) communications and Marketing.
- Share your innovative ideas in establishing Global Energy Initiative’s brand.
- Assist in updating website and social media platforms
- Communicate with high-level speakers
- Master the database system and learn how to expand it
- Represent Global Energy Initiative in different meetings and conferences
- Assist in developing GEI’s newsletter, Global Energy Affairs, content development and production
- Assist in website expansion and maintenance
- Assist in creating a strong social media program to build followers, program users, and funders
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Global Energy Initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Creative and resourceful abilities
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Advanced research skills
- Ability to work independently
- Background in energy, sustainability and environment field is preferable
- Knowledge of social media and website updates will be very helpful
- Bachelor degree, but an advanced degree is preferred.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates please send your resume and completed Internship application form email@example.com.
Global Energy Initiative, http://www.globalenergyinitiative.org
866 United Nations Plaza Suite 471, New York, NY 10017