Mangrove Action Project Internship – Amphur Muang, Trang, Thailand
Organization: Mangrove Action Project
Position Title: Intern
Location: Amphur Muang, Trang, Thailand
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Unpaid.
Position Dates: 3-6 months.
Application Deadline: None posted.
Posted On: April 21, 2013.
MAP’s Asia office is small and supports partner NGOs and projects in India, Sri Lanka, Cambodia, and Thailand involving mangrove restoration, coastal resource conservation, awareness raising, Community Based Coastal Resource Management, developing alternative livelihoods, environmental education and network building.
The MAP Asia Coordinator requires office assistance to support a wide range of projects activities. There will be some opportunities to assist with an environmental education field project in Thailand. Assisting with project proposals and searching and analyzing funding opportunities will be a central part of the position. The work possibilities are wide and varied and can be geared to the skills and interest of the intern. Learning by doing will be very much a part of the experience.
The Intern/Volunteer will need to be fully self-supporting covering food, accommodation, and accident insurance which is estimated at not more than $120/week.
- Involvement in/ familiarity with international conservation and tropical coastal ecosystems a plus.
- Experience in development/ fundraising for non-profits, including grant / proposal writing is a plus
- Experience in environmental education and awareness building especially with children an asset
- Skills in training and organizing will be useful
- Attitudes and behaviors which show respect for different culture & religions
- Effective communication and representation skills
- Computer skills in Window, Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Experience in information research and developing information materials would be useful
- Ability and willingness to travel some within country
- Willingness to work irregular hours
- Excellent spoken and written English and willingness to learn some basic spoken Thai language
- Ability to work both independently and in close coordination with a team
- Excellent networking skills and the ability to communicate with a wide range of organizations and communities.
How to Apply: Contact Jim Enright, MAP-Asia Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mangrove Action Project, http://www.mangroveactionproject.org