Strategy Director – Bay Area, CA or Washington D.C.
Organization: Conservation Strategy Fund
Job Title: Strategy Director
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA or Washington D.C.
Hours and Compensation: full time, n/a
Application Deadline: n/a
Posted On: 1 May, 2013
Conservation Strategy Fund is an international non-profit environmental organization that focuses on economic issues affecting the conservation of biodiverse ecosystems throughout the world. CSF finds solutions to the world’s conservation challenges through the strategic use of economics. Since 1998, CSF has delivered a unique combination of training and field studies aimed at improving conservation policy and management. More information can be found atwww.conservation-strategy.org.
The Strategy Director is focused on identifying and seizing opportunities for the organization to pursue its mission at a greater scale and depth. The position is fundamentally focused on fundraising and the external environment, expanding CSF’s potential role in global conservation and raising the support needed to realize that potential.
Primary Reporting Relationship
The position reports to the President and is a member of the management team.
• Work with President and senior staff on determining strategic priorities.
• Work with the President and programs staff on cultivation, approach, proposals and stewardship of foundation, government and development agency funding.
• Partner with President to network and communicate CSF’s accomplishments and capabilities to stakeholders that provide strategic opportunities for new programs and funding. This activity includes representing CSF at high-level meetings, conferences and events.
• Supervise Communications Manager in designing and deploying effective digital and print communications materials.
• Ensure that fundraising goals are met.
• At least 10 years experience in relevant environmental work, with at least five in a leadership position.
• Demonstrated fundraising talent and track record.
• Excellent professional network.
• Comfortable interacting with donors and high-level professionals in conservation and development fields.
• Integrity that inspires the trust and support of colleagues within CSF.
How to Apply: