Energy Upgrade California Local Outreach Associate – San Diego or San Francisco, CA
Organization: California Center for Sustainable Energy (CCSE)
Position Title: Energy Upgrade California Local Outreach Associate
Location: San Diego, CA or San Francisco, CA
Hours & Compensation: Full-time, salary commensurate with experience.
Position Dates: Open until filled.
Application Deadline: None posted.
California Center for Sustainable Energy (CCSE) is an independent, nonprofit organization based in San Diego that accelerates the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via education, market facilitation and policy innovation. At CCSE, we work with policy makers, public agencies, local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders and individuals, and seek to activate integrated rather than singular or silo-ed energy solutions. CCSE informs through best practices learned from daily work; drives energy innovation via facilitation, tools and services; and empowers people to make wise energy decisions.
The local outreach associate provides outreach coordination support to the Energy Upgrade California team, working directly with the strategic partnerships manager and the brand steward to ensure that local communities are aware of the brand transition and able to coordinate easily with the Energy Upgrade California statewide marketing, education and outreach brand and marketing campaign. This position works with local community organizations to build capacity for awareness and understanding in local communities about energy policy and opportunities for residential and small business action.
Responsibilities will include direct and indirect communication to local governments, local businesses, community-based organizations, faith-based organizations, regional energy networks and utilities. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are required.
- Responsible for successful development and implementation of a strategy, plan and budget to engage, activate and motivate local governments, community and faith-based organizations to partner with Energy Upgrade California to communicate energy management education
- Coordinate with investor-owned utilities to ensure the Energy Upgrade California local outreach connections complement their local government partnerships and provide additional benefit to California ratepayers and energy consumers
- Work with the CCSE webmaster to develop and manage a comprehensive database of appropriate local organizations and contacts in each region of the state
- Attend events, meetings, trade shows, and other outreach channels to attract local partners
- Facilitate coordination among complimentary organizations to maximize outreach effectiveness
- Develop and manage a volunteer outreach group to assist in planning and working events designed to attract local organizations
- Demonstrated marketing communications experience
- Demonstrated ability to diplomatically negotiate and maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and public speaking skills to coordinate and promote Energy Upgrade California and achieve co-benefits for the statewide campaign and local communities
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to coordinate multiple priorities and projects and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to conceptualize and implement program details and outreach ideas in response to recognized needs
- Ability to work independently and to apply initiative and mature judgment
- Strong expertise in and familiarity with energy issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to apply creativity and objectivity in approaching communications and human relationships challenges
- Skills in community asset mapping, knowledge of state and local government climate and energy programs and contacts with various regional energy and climate organizations preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field. One to three years successful experience in promoting sustainability or energy efficiency to residential and small business customers, preferably for a company, utility, or environmental organization
- 3 years of experience in account services, public relations, outreach and/or community affairs
Computer and/or Technical Skills:
- Demonstrated, highly competent abilities with various computer software programs and fluency in using standard office software packages such as MS Office: Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Additional skills in collaboration and presentation tools preferred.
How to Apply:
Potential applicants must complete a California Center for Sustainable Energy Employment Application, resume, cover letter, writing samples, and references. Applications are available at the CCSE website at http://www.energycenter.org.
California Center for Sustainable Energy, http://www.energycenter.org
9325 Sky Park Court, Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92123