Program Assistant, Transportation Programs – California
Organization: California Center for Sustainable Energy (CCSE)
Position Title: Program Assistant, Transportation Programs
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. $16/hour.
Position Dates: Open until filled.
Application Deadline: None posted.
California Center for Sustainable Energy (CCSE) is an independent, nonprofit organization based in San Diego that accelerates the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via education, market facilitation and policy innovation. At CCSE, we work with policy makers, public agencies, local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders and individuals, and seek to activate integrated rather than singular or silo-ed energy solutions. CCSE informs through best practices learned from daily work; drives energy innovation via facilitation, tools and services; and empowers people to make wise energy decisions.
The Program Assistant will form an integral part of the California Center for Sustainable Energy’s (CCSE) transportation team, which promotes cleaner transportation throughout California. In general, the position will provide administrative and technical support to the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project Program Manager, Associate Program Manager, and other members of the CCSE team. The Program Assistant will play a vital role in database management, extensive customer interaction and managing clean vehicle incentive applications, as well as monitoring clean vehicle market development. Further, the Program Assistant must be able to anticipate the needs of the Program Manager and team, and prioritize their workload and schedule to meet these needs.
- Maintain and update project information in Excel-based tracking system
- Ensure prompt and courteous telephone and mail correspondence with customers
- Process clean vehicle rebate applications including reviewing required supporting documents
- Compose and edit memos, letters and detailed reports
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees regarding Project Manager
- Assist with preparing reports, presentations, electronic correspondence, web site content
- Build and update project templates, tables, formats, and spreadsheets
- Update and maintain all forms of project related data, presentations, and documentation
- Research and compile project data, client specifics, and background information
- Maintain project files in an organized manner
- Communicate with Project Managers to provide status updates, report concerns and develop remedies
- Coordinate and maintain schedules, coordinating meeting logistics, itineraries, and travel arrangements
- Process purchase orders, supply requests, and financial documents
- Perform other duties, administrative in nature, as requested
- Excellent data management skills including strong attention to detail
- Ability to complete a variety of assigned administrative tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong multitasking ability, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to follow through on assignments and projects within required budgets and deadlines
- Basic knowledge of electric, plug-in hybrid electric and other alternative fuel vehicles is preferred
- Basic knowledge of local, state and federal transportation issues related to greenhouse gases (GHGs) and global warming is preferred
- Basic knowledge of energy issues with basic understanding of sustainable energy policy and technologies is preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in administrative assistance or other areas directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified, including program implementation. A bachelor’s degree may be substituted for some work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental policy, environmental science, urban studies, public policy, business administration, economics, or a similarly related field is preferred.
- Interest in transportation issues, especially clean and alternative fuel vehicles.
Computer and/or Technical Skills:
- Demonstrated, highly competent abilities with various computer software programs and fluency in using standard office software packages such as MS Office: Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
How to Apply:
Potential applicants must complete a California Center for Sustainable Energy Employment Application, resume, and cover letter. Applications are available at the CCSE website at http://www.energycenter.org.
California Center for Sustainable Energy, http://www.energycenter.org
9325 Sky Park Court, Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92123