Energy and Climate Internship – San Francisco, CA
Organization: The Center for the Next Generation
Position Title: Energy and Climate Intern
Location: San Francisco, CA
Hours & Compensation: 10-20 hours per week. $15-$20 per hours depending on qualifications and experience. Monthly transit allowance provided.
Position Dates: 3 months. June – August, 2013.
Application Deadline: None posted.
Posted On: May 2, 2013.
Next Generation is a nonpartisan strategic communications nonprofit organization that supports programs and policies that benefit the next generation of young Americans. Driven by high-quality research and data, Next Generation uses targeted communications to drive the development of an advanced energy economy and to build support for ensuring that America’s young people grow up healthy, are properly educated and well-prepared for the workforce. We believe that these are keys to a stronger, more prosperous America.
We need brilliant minds to help make the case for policies that encourage smart and sustainable economic development. We are preparing to launch a national research and communications effort to help make the economic case for immediate action to address climate change. Interns will work closely with the Program Director and senior staff to support national climate policy research and communications.
Successful candidates must have experience or exposure to energy and climate policy, particularly as they intersect with economics and federal/state policy, and must be strong writers with proven research abilities. Energy interns are engaged in all facets of the program, including policy development, strategic communications, influencing public opinion and framing the debate around energy and sustainability. Interns must be comfortable operating under strict deadlines.
- Researching energy and climate policy issues using national and state data sets
- Identifying and summarizing/utilizing national reports and research on energy and climate policy issues
- Writing memos, issues briefs, blog posts, and other internal and external products on advanced energy and sustainability issues
- Helping organize occasional convenings, roundtables, and other public and private events related to our work
- Light administrative help as needed (scheduling meetings, filing paperwork)
- Demonstrated interest in issues concerning energy and climate, especially as these issues intersect with economics and federal/state policy
- Excellent analytical, writing and editing, and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in online research
- Experience researching and manipulating public data sets (e.g. Energy Information Administration, Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to work in our San Francisco office
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please put “Energy and Climate Program Intern” in the subject line.
The Center for the Next Generation, http://www.thenextgeneration.org
351 California St., San Francisco, CA 94104