Associate Facilitator – Keystone, CO
Organization: The Keystone Center
Position Title: Associate Facilitator
Location: Keystone, CO
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Salary commensurate with education adn experience.
Application Deadline: May 19, 2013.
Posted On: May 2, 2013.
Founded in 1975, The Keystone Center is an independent nonprofit organization that brings together public, private, and civic sector leaders. We provide mediation and facilitation services that incorporate innovative decision-making methods. The result: action-oriented, sustainable solutions to complex energy, environmental, and public health issues.
The Keystone Center seeks an Associate to assist in all aspects of project management and facilitation related to environmental policy and natural resource management. The primary focus of this position for the first year will be on agriculture systems and supply chains. An eventual goal of a Keystone Center Associate is to develop the project development, project management, and facilitation skills necessary to strategically manage and direct high-level, complex policy mediations. Project-related air travel is typically required 1-2 times per month.
- Taking meeting notes and drafting meeting summaries;
- Drafting client and participant correspondence;
- Overseeing project logistics;
- Developing meeting agendas and addressing general process issues;
- Interacting with participants and funders;
- Working on project development, including developing work plans and budgets;
- Helping to coordinate project teams; and
- Facilitating small- to medium-sized collaborative processes.
- A master’s degree and/or work experience in a field relevant to natural resources management and environmental policy. Preference will be given to those candidates with experience in a field relevant to agriculture.
- Facilitation experience, training, and/or unique facilitation process skills.
- Prior experience facilitating group processes is preferred.
- Strong, competent presence in front of large groups.
- A team player – this position will work closely with experienced facilitators and project staff.
- Ability to serve as a neutral facilitator and withhold personal opinions or baises.
- Detail oriented, organized, and efficient.
- Strong writing skills.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet knowledge, and/or deicion modeling skills
- Flexibility to help with whatever task is at hand.
- Desire to become a professional facilitator/mediator.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a brief review of your academic and practical experience in the substantive areas of agriculture. Please also note any prior group and/or policy facilitation experience you have.
The Keystone Center, http://www.keystone.org
1628 Sts. John Road, Keystone, CO 80435