Program Director – Sebastopol, CA or worldwide
Organization: Conservation Strategy Fund
Position Title: Program Director
Location: Organization headquartered in Sebastopol, CA, but right person could be located anywhere worldwide.
Hours & Compensation: Full-time.
Application Deadline: None posted.
Posted On: May 6, 2013.
Conservation Strategy Fund is an international non-profit environmental organization that focuses on economic issues affecting the conservation of biodiverse ecosystems throughout the world. CSF finds solutions to the world’s conservation challenges through the strategic use of economics. Since 1998, CSF has delivered a unique combination of training and field studies aimed at improving conservation policy and management. More information can be found at www.conservation-strategy.org.
The Program Director is in charge of making sure that the analyses conducted and mentored by CSF are relevant, of excellent quality and delivered to constituencies for maximum positive impact on conservation decision-making. This Director provides leadership to CSF’s program staff.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership to program staff.
- Lead at least one analytical effort at any given time. Assure that all other analyses receive competent technical oversight and peer review/support.
- Implement recruitment, training, and retention strategies to ensure CSF is staffed by excellent professionals.
- Provide programmatic leadership and input for all strategic planning processes with the President and staff.
- Ensure that all program activities operate consistently and ethically within the mission and values of CSF.
- Implement and lead quality improvement.
- Serve as a link between the President and the program staff.
- Promote regular and ongoing opportunities for all staff to give feedback on program operations.
- Partner with the President to represent CSF with external constituencies, including funders, community, governmental, and private organizations.
- Prepare and submit an annual operational budget to the President and CFO for review and approval.
- Ensure the continued financial viability of CSF’s programs through sound fiscal management.
- At least 10 years of professional experience overall, with a minimum of five years of director-level leadership experience.
- Advanced degree in economics, public policy or comparable discipline.
- Extensive practical experience with the use of economics for conservation.
- Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience leading diverse work teams.
- Passionate about CSF’s mission and able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission and values of CSF to external and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to travel extensively to provide on-site leadership for multi-country operating units and programs.
How to Apply:
Expressions of interest should be sent in the form of a CV and a cover letter to Aja Heisler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conservation Strategy Fund, http://www.conservation-strategy.org