Coalition for Resource Recovery Design Internship – New York, NY
Organization: Global Green USA
Position Title: Coalition for Resource Recovery Design Intern
Location: New York, NY
Hours & Compensation: Full-time and part-time positions available. Unpaid.
Position Dates: Minimum of ten weeks beginning May 13, 2013.
Application Deadline: Applications reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Posted On: May 6, 2013.
Global Green USA is the American affiliate of Green Cross International, founded by President Gorbachev, to foster a global value shift toward a sustainable and secure future. For nearly 20 years, Global Green USA has been a national leader in advocating for smart solutions to global warming including green building for affordable housing, schools, cities and communities that save money, improve health and create green jobs.
Global Green USA has influenced more than $20 billion dollars for green building projects and educates millions of people about climate friendly solutions through its annual Red Carpet/Green Cars Oscars campaign. Global Green is also leading efforts to help rebuild a green New Orleans through its sustainable green village and green schools initiatives.
Global Green USA’s Coalition for Resource Recovery (CoRR) is seeking a design intern to work in the New York office to support its communications with its food packaging and food waste programs. CoRR is an industry working group dedicated to generating business value through turning waste into assets. The Coalition identifies and promotes effective food waste and food packaging waste diversion technologies and programs through conducting pilot programs in New York City and around the country.
CoRR is currently seeking to expand venues for communication and marketing to both the food and agricultural industries, as well as to the general public. The intern will be at the forefront of designing marketing materials, including newsletters, brochures, infographics/diagrams, presentations, and more. Additionally, interns will have the opportunity to learn about innovative food waste and food packaging waste diversion technologies and systems, as well as assisting with on-the-ground pilots, researching new technologies and waste diversion programs, participating in teleconferences and summarizing meetings with industry on key issues, drafting reports and letters to members, quality-assuring reports, updating the website, and assisting with administrative tasks.
- Must be at least a college junior in good standing pursuing a degree in graphic design, visual arts, marketing, or a related field. Alternatively, business, economics, natural sciences, environmental studies, public policy, or engineering students with significant knowledge of video, photo, and/or graphic design communications are encouraged to apply. Master’s degree students preferred.
- Experience with photography and videography, photo and video editing, familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Must have an interest in recycling, waste diversion, and/or related environmental issues.
- Must have strong writing and research skills.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Must have effective interpersonal communication skills.
How to Apply:
Please send resume, cover letter (including dates and times of availability), and short writing sample (1-3 pages) to Matt at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Global Green USA, http://www.globalgreen.org
350 7th Ave., New York, NY
Job URL: http://www.globalgreen.org/jobs/122