International Program Intern – Washington, D.C.
Organization: EARTHWORKS (formerly the Mineral Policy Center)
Position Title: International Program Intern
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Unpaid, but stipend available to cover commuting costs.
Position Dates: Three month minimum commitment required. Start and end dates flexible.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2013.
Posted On: May 8, 2013.
Earthworks is a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting communities and the environment form the impacts of mining and energy extraction. We are headquartered in Washington, D.C.
The International Program works on international mining policy and works with mining-affected communities, grassroots organizations, and other national and international NGOs. These include partners in Ecuador, Peru, Costa Rica, Argentina, Chile, Ghana, Romania, and elsewhere.
We also run the No Dirty Gold campaign, a public pressure campaign to educate consumers and retailers about gold mining and to enlist their support in changing the way gold is mined. The campaign has made tremendous strides in raising the profile of gold mining impacts and has garnered national and international attention.
We are looking for an intern to support our International Program.
- Conduct research, write campaign materials, support outreach activities, and help to maintain websites and news lists
- Assist staff with general support in administration and outreach to members and partner organizations
- Interest in environmental and social justice campaigns and international grassroots work in support of local communities
- Graduate students, college graduates, and advanced undergraduate students
- Self-motivated and excellent organizational, communication, research, and computer skills
- Commitment to working for respect of human rights and environmental protection
- Proficiency in Spanish is helpful, but not required
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit a CV, cover note and writing sample to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
1612 K Street NW, Washington, D.C. 20006