Program Intern – New York, NY
Organization: Global Green USA – Coalition for Resource Recovery
Position Title: Program Intern
Location: New York, NY
Hours & Compensation: Unpaid.
Position Dates: Start date May 27, 2013.
Application Deadline: Reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Posted On: May 14, 2013.
Global Green USA’s Coalition for Resource Recovery is an industry working group dedicated to generating business value through turning waste into assets. The Coalition identifies and promotes effective waste diversion technologies and programs through conducting pilot programs in New York City and around the country.
In the current system, 2,400 tons per day of materials are exported from New York City’s accommodation, food service, and retail sectors and sent to distant landfills. CoRR’s programs seek to close the loop on paper, metal, plastic, and glass, reduce food waste, and locally recover wasted food to power the city with green energy. For more information visit www.thecorr.org.
Global Green USA’s Coalition for Resource Recovery (CoRR) is seeking a Program Intern to work in the New York office to support its food packaging and food waste recovery programs. CoRR is an industry working group dedicated to generating business value through turning waste into assets. The Coalition identifies and promotes effective food waste and food packaging waste diversion technologies and programs through conducting pilot programs in New York City and around the country.
- Learn about innovative food waste and food packaging waste diversion technologies and systems.
- Assist with on-the-ground pilots, researching new technologies and waste diversion programs
- Participate in teleconferences and summarize meetings with industry on key issues
- Draft reports and letters to members, quality-assure reports, update website
- Assist with administrative tasks
- Must be at least a college junior in good standing pursuing a degree in business, economics, natural sciences, environmental studies, public policy, or engineering.
- Must have an interest in recycling, waste diversion, and/or related environmental issues.
- Must have strong writing and research skills.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Must have effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Master’s degree students preferred.
How to Apply:
Please send resume, cover letter (including dates and times of availability), and short writing sample (1-3 pages) to Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. EOE.
Global Green USA, http://www.globalgreen.org
350 7th Ave., New York, NY 10001